• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Theft

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I wanted to post this on DGCR that Terry Miller "The Disc Golf Guy" had two rubbermaid bins stolen last night after our last week of fall league last night while we sat at our league sponsor. One bin was filled with assorted t shirts many of them saying Lifetime disc sports on them. I will do my best to get some photos of the shirts to post them here so people can avoid buying them and perhaps help find the theif. There were also a number of bags in the one bin and I will get an inventory of what he expects was in there and post but I wanted to get this up asap. Be on the lookout and please help out a guy who does so much for the sport! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SOMEONE RANDOM!

My suspicion is it was someone from our league because they knew it was the last week of the season and they knew he would be in there and they wouldn't see Terry anymore this year.

Sorry to hear that. This isn't nearly as bad, but at the last tourney I was at, some people just playing (not in tourney) went up do the disc guy and asked to try a Fly Dye Buzzz and took off with it. I just don't understand thievery in disc golf when everyone is just supposed to be cool to each other and reap the good karma.

This is so F'd up, I hate hearing about this type of stuff within our community of disc golfers. I say we all throw in a few bucks and hire DOG the Bounty Hunter to track down whoever this d'bag is and mace him while we all hammer him with our drivers from 5 ft away.

BTW It might help if you posted where the crime took place so people in the area can keep and eye out for the stolen goods

This crap seems to happen everywhere. The inclusive nature of our sport unfortunately tends to draw those who wish to take advantage. I hope whoever did this grows a conscience and realizes the counter productive nature of their actions. Good luck...The truth usually comes out sooner or later because people like to talk.

Yeah at my women's tournament some douche broke one of the girls windows and stole her purse. They must've seen her stash it because it was hidden under the seat. We all agreed she should've just brought the essentials and put it in her bag but it still sucks.

All the women were cool and gave her the ace fund.

This is so F'd up, I hate hearing about this type of stuff within our community of disc golfers. I say we all throw in a few bucks and hire DOG the Bounty Hunter to track down whoever this d'bag is and mace him while we all hammer him with our drivers from 5 ft away.

BTW It might help if you posted where the crime took place so people in the area can keep and eye out for the stolen goods

It already has been posted on facebook, I was just getting the info out on here as quickly as I could. Keep an eye out on your craigslistsand Ebay for anything like this and do not act like you are suspicious, do everything you can to get as much info as you can and turn it over to me and I will pass it on to Terry . . . if you are able to figure anything out. It will be tough because it isn't custom stamped discs or anything it was basically a lot of tshirts and a few bags. AT least 20 of the tshirts did have Lifetime disc sports in some fashion on the shirts. They were a special shirt he ordered for women to thank them for playing in his tourneys. They were light yellow, black, maroon, and I think blue. I will try and get a photo of the shirt to post it up here too.

The crime happened sometime between 7:30 and 12:00 in the parking lot of BW3 in New Berlin, WI.

wow that is bad news Harr... and to happen to such a nice guy like The DGG, Terry.

were they stolen out of his vehicle? Hope he has insurance that will cover his losses. (edit: kind of a dumb question, guess it is implied that they were taken from his car...)

I was on my way out when I noticed them gone so I told him about it and they let BW3 know, he was going to file a report I assume, but I had to get home so I wasnt there if/when he did.

Unfortunately it was only a matter of time until it happened because he always fills his Element with disc bins so he has two rubbermaid containers outside the vehicle on one of those hitch shelves. No security and he is all over the city, I am surprised it didn't happen sooner, but that still sucks. I told him 6 months ago to buy one of those truck boxes and set it on the hitch shelf that way it can be locked! He knew he shouldve done something but he never did.

He does have an alarm on the vehicle though so whoever took the bins off did so gently, because it should go off fairly easily!

just watch for a disc golfer wearing a lifetime ladies' shirt in the milwaukee area. Terry is a huge disc golf promoter and with all his contacts and friends helping him I'm pretty confident he will get his stuff back.

I would not be surprised if there was a camera outside somewhere in that strip. I will pass the word on to everyone I know. Horrible.......

Sorry about the loss, it sucks to think that the same people you throw with would steal you blind. I lock my car like Im ocd, I check it several times before I start my round, and I never leave my bag anywhere I cant see it.

Biz
Team Bert

bummer...that, that's a bummer, man.

baseballcap2.jpg

This is so F'd up, I hate hearing about this type of stuff within our community of disc golfers. I say we all throw in a few bucks and hire DOG the Bounty Hunter to track down whoever this d'bag is

I have $1 put away in case this happens

Yeah at my women's tournament some douche broke one of the girls windows and stole her purse. They must've seen her stash it because it was hidden under the seat. We all agreed she should've just brought the essentials and put it in her bag but it still sucks.

All the women were cool and gave her the ace fund.

:hfive: