• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Tournament Solutions

runnaman

Eagle Member
Disc Golf Tournament Solutions is focused on helping new tournament directors run successful events. We will offer services such as online results posting, documents for running a tournament, excel pay tables, and more.

It is still a work in progress, but if you would like to show your support you can like us on facebook or follow us on twitter @discgolfts

Disc Golf Tournament Solutions is focused on helping new tournament directors run successful events. We will offer services such as online results posting, documents for running a tournament, excel pay tables, and more.

It is still a work in progress, but if you would like to show your support you can like us on facebook or follow us on twitter @discgolfts

Not trying to be a jerk, but the PDGA already has all of that, as a TD myself, promotion is the only thing I want/need help with.

I know, what I'm offering is a cheaper service for tournaments that don't want/need PDGA sanctioning. Also, as a first time TD, going to the PDGA can be kind of intimidating and we hope to decrease the slope of the learning curve a little bit.

I wouldn't say it's an opposition to the PDGA, but instead, it's an alternative. I have a feeling that a lot of tournament directors don't need all of the bells and whistles the PDGA offers to sanctioned events so we focus on offering the necessities at a lower cost to the TDs.

The only thing that I get charged for by the pdga is sanctioning and a 2.00 per player fee. If its not a sanctioned event, I pay none of those things. I understand you offer promotion and registration for unsanctioned tournaments, but disc golf scene also does this.

Sell me on why I want to switch to using your website.

The only thing that I get charged for by the pdga is sanctioning and a 2.00 per player fee. If its not a sanctioned event, I pay none of those things. I understand you offer promotion and registration for unsanctioned tournaments, but disc golf scene also does this.

Sell me on why I want to switch to using your website.

There's also the $50 fee to sanction on top of the $2.00 per player.

The services we offer are designed for new tournament directors. We want to make it as easy as possible to run your first tournament. I know when I ran my first tournament, I was freaking out when it came time to register players.

And like Sadjo said, it costs $50+ to sanction a tournament through the PDGA and discgolfscene.com only posts results and registration lists. We want to put all of this together to make it easy for tournament directors.

We are also working on a rating system that won't cost players at all. I feel like PDGA ratings are inaccurate because not every player is included in the ratings, so we are working on a way to get every player a rating.

Thank you for the questions and please consider joining us on facebook.

I like the inituative, I'm just not sold at all. To me it sounds like "hey guys, we just like the pdga, but we're not, come use us".

You guys cover insurance of events?

We haven't looked into insurance and probably won't since we are a resource for tournament directors and not a sanctioning body. I appreciate the question though.

We have tournament flyer templates for tournament directors to use as well as the website which will have all the tournament information.

Yeah! We reached our goal of 20 fans in 3 days. Keep sharing with your friends and I know we can reach our goal of 50 fans by Thanksgiving!

My goal was to get 50 people by Thanksgiving... and that's today. So if you would like to support DG Tournament Solutions, you can go to our Facebook page and click "Like" and then share with your friends

Here's a link

Thank you

Almost all of the materials for the tournament packages are ready!

Since the materials are close to finished I would like to get some test packages sent out. So if you are a TD running a tournament in January, February, or March. Let me know and I'll pick one tournament to try out our materials. (Maybe more, depends on how many people enter.)

If you're not sure what Disc Golf Tournament Solutions is, you can check us out on our Facebook page.

If you're interested in testing materials, please send an email to [email protected] with your name, tournament name, and date of the tournament.

Thanks,
Chase

I will be running a PDGA C-tier tournament in May. What, exactly is it your company would be providing that I can not already download from the PDGA website?