• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Traditions/Bets

krallbd

Par Member
I am just wondering if anyone out there has any fun traditions/bets to do during a round...for example, on one course, if you hit a cable box from the tee, you buy a 6 pack for everyone to share, another one involves general closest to the pin competition, winner gets a buck.

any good ones?

We make bets all the time.

We don't play 5-1 but here are some for example...

Sometimes we play 5$ a head
20$ doubles (10$ per team)
I bet on the Lakers-Magic series, won 70$ off of that.
Bet 10$ per round at a 2 round tournament with fellow club members and people in same division.
Play 1$ skins.
Bet 1$ on putts.

You name it, we slang some money more than likely on it.

I dont play for free. The guys I play with play for money and bet on everything. 1$ skins 5 overall, just 5 over all, dubs, worse shot, wolf, whatever to make it interesting

Obstacle disc golf. Say you have a straight fairway drive, you can't throw down the center. You have to find some needlehole hyzer shot or something. Basically the way you normally throw the hole, you can no longer throw that way. It actually makes the played over and over course more interesting and can help hone specific shots.

My brother and I often have a Slurpee bet when we play. Loser buys the Slurpees on the way home. I usually spot him a four stroke per 18/hole handicap.

He's rated ~890, I'm rated ~970, but I play worse in casual rounds than in tourneys, and he plays better in casual than in tourneys, so 4 strokes is about right when we play with just the two of us.

Slurpees are less than $1.50 each, so it's a minor bet -- stays fun. More $ than that and I would feel bad winning... good feelings are more important than side bets.

With a lot of friends, we'll have a $X per nine bet and an overall score bet... so if you want to keep it cheap for 36 holes, everyone throws in $5 or $10 or whatever... $1 or $2 per nine, plus $1 or $2 for the overall score.

and no one is ever out of it, since every nine holes, you start anew. And then with the overall score, someone can lose every nine, but still win the overall if they just play consistent...

We used to play person with the worst score buys 44 oz. fountain drinks for everybody playing (back when they were 69 cents). On a specific course we play a "midrange game" where we each get 1 shot at the post on the sign for the next hole from prolly 100 ft away. Its a tricky uphill shot and nobodies ever hit it yet.

We always say that the person in the group who hits an Ace gets a free dinner .

only tradition i have is to drink while playing.

and if i'm buying the beer/supplying the cooler for everyone else, they have to carry it.

We used to play person with the worst score buys 44 oz. fountain drinks for everybody playing (back when they were 69 cents). On a specific course we play a "midrange game" where we each get 1 shot at the post on the sign for the next hole from prolly 100 ft away. Its a tricky uphill shot and nobodies ever hit it yet.

44, eh? Close to 40 oz.!

We just play if someone lands on top of your disc, they owe you a 40 oz.

Recently my friend used my other friends Groove, my other friend said if you ace it you get to keep it. He ended up acing it.

Some of these are interesting though. I think I might try them with my friends :D