• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained - A Realistic Mobile Game In Development

Hi everyone!

Local Route Labs here to officially announce the development of Disc Golf Unchained, a realistic disc golf video game slated for initial release on Android and iOS in 2014. We've been working hard to create a true to life flight engine that produces the flight paths we all know and love. The courses and environments are beautifully rendered, and the player progression system will keep you coming back for more. The sheer potential of the Course Editor has us very excited for the future of disc golf in the virtual world.

Please take a moment to check out our website or Facebook page. On both pages you will find plenty of information regarding both Local Route Labs and Disc Golf Unchained. Both of us here at Local Route Labs are avid disc golfers, and we wanted to create a digital experience worthy of the sport we all love. If you like what we are doing, please like us on Facebook or sign up for our email newsletter on our Contact page. Some more information and your community feedback up to this point can be found on an old thread here at DGCR.

unchained-trees-aiming.png

We have a ton of work ahead of us (happily) and we hope to keep you involved along the way. Please don't hesitate to post questions or comments about the game as we would love to hear what you have to say. We will be launching a Kickstarter campaign for Disc Golf Unchained later in October, which will hopefully build not only funding to really give the project a boost, but also an audience to play the game and learn the sport.

unchained-trees-tunnel.png

We hope you are as excited to play as we are!

Thanks for all the support and keep throwing the plastic!

Kickstart Disc Golf Unchained starting October 28th!

The weather may be cooling down up here in the Northwoods, but Disc Golf Unchained is just starting to heat up! Local Route Labs will be launching the Kickstarter campaign for the game on Monday, October 28th.

Stay tuned here for the official launch announcement, and then help get Disc Golf Unchained to your mobile devices as quickly as possible by backing our project. Spread the word to ensure that the Kickstarter campaign is a successful one!

We're here to answer any questions or input about the game or Kickstarter campaign and would love to hear what you have to say. Thanks!

Local Route Labs has launched our Kickstarter campaign for Disc Golf Unchained!

We are raising funds to help develop the game to its full potential, spread the word about the project, and make sure that it is released as soon as possible. We appreciate any support that you are willing to offer, and we have some great incentives for our backers. Disc golf has been grossly underrepresented on Kickstarter, with only 1 project out of 16 being funded. Help us make the Disc Golf Unchained Kickstarter campaign a success.

Thank you!

I knew I recognized those courses from the video... good luck with the project, guys!

Sounds pretty cool. The real question is, when I choose a disc too fast for me, does it turn on the directional and take a hard left if I don't get it up to speed, just like in real life? :D

I knew I recognized those courses from the video... good luck with the project, guys!

Thanks! Maybe we'll see you out on the course sometime before the WI chill.

Sounds pretty cool. The real question is, when I choose a disc too fast for me, does it turn on the directional and take a hard left if I don't get it up to speed, just like in real life? :D

Thanks and, yep, faster discs are meathooks for the unleveled player.

Check Out Disc Golf Unchained Up Close and Personal!

What: Demo and Q&A event promoting Disc Golf Unchained, a REAL disc golf video game

Where: Glide Disc Golf, 4222 Milwaukee St. #7, Madison, WI, 53714

When: Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 6:00-9:00 PM

Who: Presented by Local Route Labs with special thanks to Glide Disc Golf for hosting. Ale Asylum will be providing awesome craft beer, Ian's Pizza is offering some of their well-known slices, and Trixie's Liquor is taking care of ice, cups, tubs, etc.

Why: Local Route Labs wants to give you the chance to see the functional prototype of Disc Golf Unchained live and up close. We hope to generate some excitement for the game and our Kickstarter campaign.

Event Description: Local Route Labs is excited to announce a demo and Q&A event for Disc Golf Unchained! We want to make a game that is fun and engaging for everyone, and your input is vital for us to do so. Please come on by Glide Disc Golf in Madison, WI, to get in on the action and catch a sneak peek of what you may see when the game is released on mobile devices in 2014. We will be showing off some gameplay and unique game features through a projector, and there will be a few devices with the game installed so you can try it out for yourself. Come with any questions you may have about the game, and you can get them answered straight from the game's developers. Local Route Labs is hoping that showcasing Disc Golf Unchained through this event will give you a reason to get excited about the game and back us on Kickstarter.

In addition to being some of the first people to actually get to see and play Disc Golf Unchained, we have a few popular local businesses providing some of the best food and refreshments in town free of charge! Ale Asylum will be gracing us with their finely crafted beer, which everyone in Madison knows is some of the best brew out there. Since moving to their new facility within the last year, Ale Asylum has been able to increase production and distribution. Now or in the very near future, even you folks outside of the Madison area may be able to get your hands on some of their great beer at your local beverage merchant. Ian's Pizza, a late-nite State Street institution, whips up fantastic specialty pies, ranging from Mac-N-Cheese to Spinach Feta Pesto. Even though it won't be 1:00 in the morning during the event, we are sure Ian's Pizza will hit the spot. Finally, we have Trixie's Liquor to thank for providing the essentials that make an event like this possible. Not many beers are pleasant when warm, and Trixie's is taking care of that by supplying the ice and tubs (among other supplies) to keep our Ale Asylum brew ice cold. The event would not have been possible without Glide Disc Golf, our gracious host. While you are getting the rundown on our project, the stacks upon stacks of awesome discs will call your name. Glide carries a huge selection of discs and accessories that will help take your game to the next level.

If you want to be one of the first people to see what Disc Golf Unchained is all about, stop by the demo event. There's nothing better than great beer, great food, and great video games in a superb setting, especially when disc golf ties it all together. Please support Glide Disc Golf, Ale Asylum, Ian's Pizza, and Trixie's Liquor. Madison is home to a fantastic local business community, and the Disc Golf Unchained demo event is just one of many examples of that community coming together to support innovation and creation. Each of the businesses involved in the event is worthy of your patronage, and we could not have done it without them. Please let us know if you are planning on attending the event so that we can bring the proper amount of food and drink. We hope to see you there!

Links:
Local Route Labs
Disc Golf Unchained Kickstarter Campaign
Glide Disc Golf
Ale Asylum
Ian's Pizza
Trixie's Liquor

Latest posts