• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf video game, lets go!

mattyw

Whats up with the DG video games? I still feel like Wii sports resort is the best one released in 2009!
Here is what I think of whats out there... if anyone knows of any other games let me know. Interested to know if EA still includes a disc golf game in Pro Tour 13, 14, 15, or 16. I only know of Tiger Woods Pro Tour 10 and 12 has disc golf only on Wii versions.

#1 Wii Sports Resort - very straight flight paths but can still hyzer and an-hyzer. Huge targets no basket but still fun. Can play the same hole over and over and not have the same shot twice, due to wind changes and good game mechanics. Can sometimes throw bombs that fly just right with the wind adding a very fun aspect unlike other games where a good shot lands exactly the same distance game after game. Very fun and competitive on multiplayer, and lots of Aces!

#2 PS3 Sports Champions Disc golf - really no DG in Sports Champions 2???? Anyway better graphics, decently realistic flight paths. No huge bombs like Wii Sports... A hard good throw results in similar results and is easy to achieve. So 4 people that are good at the game will likely all land within 10 feet of each other on the drive. Feel like the discs could use more fade. Putting is good but a little tough sometimes to control the power.

#3 Wii Tiger Woods Pro Tour 12 - only gave this game about 4 holes... at first the flights and control had me really liking this game as I drove down the fairway... but then the putts are very frustrating. Smart play is to layup outside of 20 feet cause if u get close to the pin it is harder to tap in.... lol Disc will drop out of your hand if you don't throw hard enough and fly dead center of the top of the basket time after time thrown slightly too hard. No way to play competitive when a great drive and park job can likely result in a double boggy =(

Other games I have herd about but not played:
Wii, HB Arcade Disc golf (looks fun but no wii plus motion)
Wii, Big Beach Sports 2
Wii, Zoo disc golf (looks more like mini disc golf)

I asume you are talking only about console games where you're standing up and moving, but there is Disc Golf Unchained for Android and IOS. It's the most realistic DG out there. Realistic flight paths, huge selection of discs with different flight number, different plastics, discs get beaten in and show it in the flight path. 5 18 holes courses to play, 2 options at tee pad, 2 options at basket placement. You can throw anhyzer, hyzer, flex shots, hyzer flips. It's a real good smart phone game, but playing a game on your phone is a bit of a different experience than something like Wii Sports.

Whats up with the DG video games? I still feel like Wii sports resort is the best one released in 2009!
Here is what I think of whats out there... if anyone knows of any other games let me know. Interested to know if EA still includes a disc golf game in Pro Tour 13, 14, 15, or 16. I only know of Tiger Woods Pro Tour 10 and 12 has disc golf only on Wii versions.

#1 Wii Sports Resort - very straight flight paths but can still hyzer and an-hyzer. Huge targets no basket but still fun. Can play the same hole over and over and not have the same shot twice, due to wind changes and good game mechanics. Can sometimes throw bombs that fly just right with the wind adding a very fun aspect unlike other games where a good shot lands exactly the same distance game after game. Very fun and competitive on multiplayer, and lots of Aces!

#2 PS3 Sports Champions Disc golf - really no DG in Sports Champions 2???? Anyway better graphics, decently realistic flight paths. No huge bombs like Wii Sports... A hard good throw results in similar results and is easy to achieve. So 4 people that are good at the game will likely all land within 10 feet of each other on the drive. Feel like the discs could use more fade. Putting is good but a little tough sometimes to control the power.

#3 Wii Tiger Woods Pro Tour 12 - only gave this game about 4 holes... at first the flights and control had me really liking this game as I drove down the fairway... but then the putts are very frustrating. Smart play is to layup outside of 20 feet cause if u get close to the pin it is harder to tap in.... lol Disc will drop out of your hand if you don't throw hard enough and fly dead center of the top of the basket time after time thrown slightly too hard. No way to play competitive when a great drive and park job can likely result in a double boggy =(
Played them all and the PS3 game is far and away the best overall.

We have a match play tournament from time to time and its a blast.

Actually have a local guy that discovered disc golf because of this game and was surprised when he showed up at a real course and the baskets were much smaller, lol

^That looks pretty cool.
I would love to see a console game that just used the left and right joy sticks. I think shot shaping could be fun and challenging using a combo of the two. I also want to be able to play from the comfort of my lazy boy.

Youngsters.

innovadg_zpsxmyliyf2.jpg

innovadg2_zpsmmcxuxqo.jpg

HAND ME ANOTHER GAZELLE, ROMEY!

yeah love the disc golf unchained app, the flight paths are perfect. just got my power up to lvl 13, hit a 440 foot ace the other day! =)

but we really need a console disc golf game, motion controllers make all golf games so much more fun.

My favorites-

Console - PS3
Phone/Tablet - Disc Golf Unchained

Best DG game idea ever!

The PS3 disc golf game has the best physics of any I've played but It only has 18 holes. Or 36 holes if purchase the "reverse course" where you play the same 18 holes just going the other direction.

Would you purchase a disc golf game with the physics engine of the PS3 game but you could play on ACTUAL courses?

As a structural engineer I do a lot of retrofitting of existing structures in refineries where it is very congested and there are no blueprints for all the existing structures and equipment. To capture all this we use 3D scanning equipment that records everything in precise detail. So some of you may see where I'm heading with this.

3D scanning could be used to capture an existing course as a 3D point cloud that could then be imported into the game. The main DG game would come with a couple of famous courses and additional courses could be purchased and downloaded. There could even be a voting website where people could vote for new courses to be scanned and once a certain number of votes are reached the course could be scanned and offered for sale.

Now one of you needs to get this idea to somebody who can make it happen!!!

I want to go ahead and place my order for a copy on release day.

The PS3 disc golf game has the best physics of any I've played but It only has 18 holes. Or 36 holes if purchase the "reverse course" where you play the same 18 holes just going the other direction.

Would you purchase a disc golf game with the physics engine of the PS3 game but you could play on ACTUAL courses?

As a structural engineer I do a lot of retrofitting of existing structures in refineries where it is very congested and there are no blueprints for all the existing structures and equipment. To capture all this we use 3D scanning equipment that records everything in precise detail. So some of you may see where I'm heading with this.

3D scanning could be used to capture an existing course as a 3D point cloud that could then be imported into the game. The main DG game would come with a couple of famous courses and additional courses could be purchased and downloaded. There could even be a voting website where people could vote for new courses to be scanned and once a certain number of votes are reached the course could be scanned and offered for sale.

Now one of you needs to get this idea to somebody who can make it happen!!!

I want to go ahead and place my order for a copy on release day.

this is all happening

Latest posts