• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Wedding

DiscGolfBride

Hello!

My fiance is an avid disc golf player and I wanted to do something to incorporate DG into our wedding, since he enjoys it so much.

I was hoping to maybe find a disc golf cake topper (like the basket or something.)

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, ideas or even knowledge of this being done before. I plan on taking some of our wedding pictures/engagement pictures on our home course!

Thanks in advance! <3

Any idea where he got his mini baskets?

Also, any idea where I can buy custom bulk mini markers? I was thinking of doing custom mini markers for the favor.....

I just want something different and special that will surprise him....since, let's be honest, the rest of the day is about the bride. lol

You could...

... make any wedding favors out of marker discs, with your names, wedding date, etc.

... have a cake topper made to resemble a basket; most cake decorators worth their salt can come up with something, especially with a picture. Might cost a packet, though, as it's custom.

...hand out "player packs" to all the attendees, with the aforementioned marker disc, a "starter set" of discs, or whatever.

...if you're having an outdoor wedding option - get a basket set up outside with some discs so that you could have a CTP contest, or even just a place for people to see what it's all about.

... have your cake topper be a couple of marker discs - one blue, one pink, or something - with facial features on them. I did something similar for two friends at their wedding; two computer monitors made of chocolate, one with pink facial features, one with blue, using expressions that my friends used a lot (they're programmers).

You have lots of options. Use your imagination, and make it happen.

For the mini's your best bet is to deal directly with the manufacturer. If you're a member of a local club call up your local tournament director and ask him for advice. He probably has a working relationship with Innova and/or Discraft already and can get you a good deal. Otherwise just give a call to Discraft, Innova and whatever other manufacturers you'd like and get some quotes. The nice thing about disc golf is that its still small enough to get a person on the phone when you call one of the "big" name companies, and they are friendly and helpful.

Oh and congratulations :)

How about serving the food on overturned discs? Some of these other guys could tell you the largest diameter disc (short of frisbees).:D

Since we're total strangers, I guess it would inappropriate of me to tell you my ideas for your wedding night. :)

Hello!

My fiance is an avid disc golf player and I wanted to do something to incorporate DG into our wedding, since he enjoys it so much.

I was hoping to maybe find a disc golf cake topper (like the basket or something.)

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, ideas or even knowledge of this being done before. I plan on taking some of our wedding pictures/engagement pictures on our home course!

Thanks in advance! <3

1. Seriously, there needs to be a portable Disc Golf target and some putters involved in your wedding.

Perhaps you could have it set up on the grounds outside of the reception building, where a lot of people will be hanging out. If your wedding reception turns a few family/friends onto the sport, I bet it would thrill your new husband.

2. Maybe get a "wedding disc" to be signed by all of the bridesmaids and groomsmen.

3. Simple idea for the cake: If it is round, make the surface(s) look like "plastic" colors and have the words "PDGA-approved" written on there in icing.

If there is a rectangular cake involved, design the top to look like one of those fairway maps you see at the courses, complete with alternate tees and baskets. Maybe make it a map of his favorite fairway, a fairway at his favorite course, or maybe a fairway where he once threw an ace.

4. (I'm not down with eating out of discs, personally.)

Just throwing this out there.

You could...

... make any wedding favors out of marker discs, with your names, wedding date, etc.

... have a cake topper made to resemble a basket; most cake decorators worth their salt can come up with something, especially with a picture. Might cost a packet, though, as it's custom.

...hand out "player packs" to all the attendees, with the aforementioned marker disc, a "starter set" of discs, or whatever.

...if you're having an outdoor wedding option - get a basket set up outside with some discs so that you could have a CTP contest, or even just a place for people to see what it's all about.

... have your cake topper be a couple of marker discs - one blue, one pink, or something - with facial features on them. I did something similar for two friends at their wedding; two computer monitors made of chocolate, one with pink facial features, one with blue, using expressions that my friends used a lot (they're programmers).

You have lots of options. Use your imagination, and make it happen.

Sorry, Taino. Looks like you beat me to the punch on some of my ideas. Great minds think alike?

Out of all the companies that I've dealt with trying to get stuff for tournaments Gateway was definitely the most receptive. Try to get a hold of Dave McCormack.

It is now your obligation to post pics for all of us to see. I think I can speak for everyone that it's awesome that you're considering your hubby-to-be.

Someone who plays Dretzka leagues can get hand blown glass basket ornaments etc. My bro knows who to talk to. One of those would make a wonderful cake topper. Send me a PM if interested. Also for his wedding I dyed a disc with their names and wedding date with two rings intertwined for everyone to sign.. it was awsome.

For the mini's your best bet is to deal directly with the manufacturer. If you're a member of a local club call up your local tournament director and ask him for advice. He probably has a working relationship with Innova and/or Discraft already and can get you a good deal. Otherwise just give a call to Discraft, Innova and whatever other manufacturers you'd like and get some quotes. The nice thing about disc golf is that its still small enough to get a person on the phone when you call one of the "big" name companies, and they are friendly and helpful.

Oh and congratulations :)
I bet if she just called up the manufacturer and explained that she wanted to use them in her wedding, they would cut her a deal.

Some courses (like Brown Deer park, Milwaukee) have wonderful facilities that would make for a great reception or ceremony spot.

Can't believe nobody's posted this yet:

INDEX-1.jpg

Latest posts