• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf. What's MISSING???

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
...our sport is increasing exponentially in popularity. Just wondering if there are things, ideas, equipment, companies, courses, etc that you think might be missing or lacking currently in disc golf.

a method of getting baskets cheaper for our schools to introduce it to kids.
They have seen disc golf on Zoey 101 and are interested in it
They have played it on Wii, we just need to figure out how to get the schools on board or cheaper baskets.

Actual regulations on how courses are designed. (More to the point: TEEBOXES. I can't even start to list the number of ****ty tees I've played off of.)

What is par.

Can't think of anything else right now.

I'm with prerube- cheaper baskets, but still decent quality. This will make it easier for parks, schools, and other places to get a course in the ground. I know DG is WAY cheaper than a lot of other sports, but if we can make it even more affordable and get it into the schools, the sport will be all the better for it.

Here's another one:

You have to register your bag. (I used to play the Star Wars: Trading Card Game and when you entering into a tourney, you were required to give an exact list of what was in your deck. I think the PDGA should do the same thing, I've seen TONS of people swap discs in between tourney rounds, which as everyone knows, is illegal.)

testing for performance enhancing drugs. I think we may need to get congress involved.

Seriously though, the stupid par debate needs to be ended. Also, better hole measurements so that people actually have an idea the distance they are throwing. Along those same lines, I would KILL for a driving range where I could try out some plastice on a marked feild. The football feilds around here usually locked up.

Here's another one:

You have to register your bag. (I used to play the Star Wars: Trading Card Game and when you entering into a tourney, you were required to give an exact list of what was in your deck. I think the PDGA should do the same thing, I've seen TONS of people swap discs in between tourney rounds, which as everyone knows, is illegal.)

You lost me here?

Haha, I thought I might lose a few with the TCG reference. When you sign up for a tourney, you need to give the TD a list of all the discs in your bag. I dunno how detailed the list should be, maybe just the disc and weight? Maybe disc, color, weight?

testing for performance enhancing drugs. I think we may need to get congress involved.

Seriously though, the stupid par debate needs to be ended. Also, better hole measurements so that people actually have an idea the distance they are throwing. Along those same lines, I would KILL for a driving range where I could try out some plastice on a marked feild. The football feilds around here usually locked up.

I agree here. Set par and measured distance go hand in hand.

Also think baskets get expensive. I mean, they are ok, but there should be some cheaper just practice options.

Here's another one:

You have to register your bag. (I used to play the Star Wars: Trading Card Game and when you entering into a tourney, you were required to give an exact list of what was in your deck.....)

You just admitted in writing that you played the Star Wars Trading Card game, then you compared it to Disc golf. Don't make me slap you with a wookie:D

im thinking by "swap" he means borrow one from a buddy just for that tourney........... there'd be nothing wrong with swapping discs as long as the deal was permanent and you then crossed out any markings and marked your name on the newly aqquired disc.

im thinking by "swap" he means borrow one from a buddy just for that tourney........... there'd be nothing wrong with swapping discs as long as the deal was permanent and you then crossed out any markings and marked your name on the newly aqquired disc.

I meant it like this:

I start the 1st tourney round with this bag:

XXXXXXXXX <-- Those are the discs... lawl

After the round is over, I'm thinking back of a certain hole that I really screwed up on. Then I remember I have the PERFECT disc to duece that hole... only it's in my car, so I go grab it. Now my bag looks like this:

XXXXXXXXXY

I added a disc in, which is illegal in tourney play.

I've seen TONS of people swap discs in between tourney rounds, which as everyone knows, is illegal.

i don't think this is true:

old PDGA thread

the discussion there veers pretty far off topic eventually, but the first 2 pages deal with swapping out/changing discs in the middle of a round, or between 2 rounds, and suggests that there is no rule that prevents it.

uh oh, I may have done that in my first tourney. I came in second to last so it didn't help. I don't remember if it was the tourney or the weekend before that I went to the car to get a new disc.

Well I just read the link that fairweather posted... I guess I'm in the wrong. I could have sworn that I read that some where... >.<

yeah...its not illegal to do that...get your facts straight :p...I do it all the time...empty my bag more before second round if I didn't use the discs in the first round...as long as you bring the gear you shouldn't have any limitations...but no..its not illegal!

Latest posts