• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Locator

If it only bubbles for 45-60 seconds, you'll have to sprint like mad if you fall just short of making a long carry over a lake. If you're carrying a big bag, and/or others have yet to tee, that could be awkward.

For tournament play, it would be an illegal modification.

Just learn to throw a Dragon. Those things can fly far, and you'll always see where in the water you are. :)

i do throw the dragon, i just ran across it last night. i'm not going to get one and i agree 45 seconds is very short.

Not a bad idea but it doesn't last very long, is a little pricey and I'm not sure it doesn't effect the flight of the disc. Send me a sample of one and I'll give him my testimony as I often find the aqua.

It may be better if Innova or Discraft, etc... made a disc with holes on the underside of the flight plate to help keep it afloat a little longer and do the same thing as this little gizmo when it eventually sinks.

It would probably add too much to the cost of production, but would be better than having something on top of the flight plate that will interfere with airflow, thus reducing lift.

disc locater... isnt that why some people have and bring kids to the DG course? (GF's too at times?)
;)

Seems pretty much like a gimmick. The info he gives are just his claims instead of any factual information. Maybe he should upload a video or something. Also, how much does it weigh? How is it attached? What's the process the device goes through?

So yeah, pretty pointless me thinks.

What would be useful would be a tape or little sticker on the underside of the disc that acts like the stickers they have on electronics at department stores, that if you pass a metal detector or wand or something within 100 feet of it that the detector will give off a signal. This would be ideal for locating them in tall brush, deep forests, and possibly even in water. The trick I think is keeping it affordable. The last time I brought this up, I think I was quoted 300 or 400 for the "hand held" locator and 15 dollars for a sticker strong enough to be located. AT this point it is still more economical to work on my form and by the occassional replacement disc, but I have been racking up the lost discs in the last two years, especially ones on pure dumb luck throws and bounces that have nothing to do with my form (except that I could not completely keep it in the fairway).

When I saw the thread title I was hoping for a disc tracking device. Every time I lose a disc in the woods I always wish they could invent one of those devices that beep when you get close to your disc. I can dream...

That thing is totally wothless. You have 60 seconds to get your disc or you wont know where it is and it probally affect the dics flight. Not to mention its kind of expensive for what it does.

What we need is little chips that beep when you press a button so you can find it.

Build a mentos/ diet coke tablet that has a time release. Just before you throw, you touch the button, you now three minutes to find it before the mechanism allows the two chemicals to mix. Not necessarily practical but definitely spectacular.

Tape an Alka Seltzer to your disc.

Just what I was thinking. Figure out how to affix the top of a spice bottle with an alka selzer inside. Done. Not sure the bubbles would be all that potent to see in the middle of a lake but what ever. And, usually isnt the problem with just not wanting to swim around in the lake, not the actual location of the disc?

We must be getting bigger as a sport if people have the time and money to come up with snake oil products like this.
:doh:

The Fizzee Disc

I know that guy who invented the disc locator, he lives in Virginia Beach and plays all the time at Munden Park, It does really work and I have seen it. Bubbles last for about 3 mins . He was filming to show on his website how it works, he also said it was just for the average recreational player the guy who doesnt want to lose his disc , and is going to run if it goes near the water not the" Professional League guy". Its just an aid and certainly not going to get rich from $3.99 check the website see how it works www.golf-disc-locator.com

Latest posts