• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc lost and found when there's no phone or name

solid_state_disc

Premium Member
Hey peeps. I'm relatively new to the sport, at least to playing seriously. I found a lost disc stuck in a tree with no phone number or name. Is there a general lost and found board somewhere where I could try to reunite it with its owner?

Thank you

Hey peeps. I'm relatively new to the sport, at least to playing seriously. I found a lost disc stuck in a tree with no phone number or name. Is there a general lost and found board somewhere where I could try to reunite it with its owner?

Thank you

Judging from your courses played, it looks like you're in the Cincy area. This is a very active FB page for lost and found in the area. You could post it there to see if anyone claims it.

Normally, no name/number means "finders keepers". However, so players will post on a local club's FB page that they found a disc and if some one thinks it is theirs just identify it.

I've done that and no one claimed the disc I found (after a week)....so I have a new Gateway SSS Hemp Wizard to try out.

Finders keepers. No # means it's a gift.

If there is a number I take a pic of the disc and text it. If they respond I stash itge disc near the parking lot, send location information, they can retrieve it.

Some folks have a nearby store with a list and found—that's nice to have.

Unfortunately, if you try to hard to return a disc many people will take advantage of your effort and time.

Keep it, throw it, lose it for the next player to find.

If it gives you angst holding on to it, you can leave in the practice basket or the basket on the hole you found it. That's what I often do.

I lost an unmarked disc in a local lake, so I used my 'lake rake' 3 different times. I found 9 discs, 5 had ink. 4 had a name/number (and I've contacted them all), but the other had initials and a 5 digit number. I looked up the number on PDGA and got a name and location, went to FB and found a possible match, and made contact. He's the only one that responded immediately, set up a meet-up, and offered a disc in trade. As for the other inked discs, I'll hang on to them for a while, maybe I'll reach out one more time, but as far as I'm concerned - if you don't make an effort to recover it (from me), I'm not going out of my way. I'll re-home them soon.

Whenever I find discs (actually found 6 today as I was trying to fish mine out of a pond and most of them were visible from the shore, guess they didn't have any retriever handy) I call if they have a name but it seems like I only get a response about 50% of time. I thought that was odd. Of course phone numbers do change, but I would think if you put your digits on it, you would appreciate a call.

One dude I called said he doesn't bag that mold anymore and I could do what I wanted with it. I have kept a few unmarked discs but most go to the local lost and found or get donated to a young kid starting out.

That is referred to as a gift from the disc golf gods........................

They worked out your game needed help and that's the way they deliver salvation these days........

That is referred to as a gift from the disc golf gods........................

They worked out your game needed help and that's the way they deliver salvation these days........

I scored a metal flake EMac truth the other day courtesy of the DG gods.

All I ever find is totally useless discs for me. The DG gods must get a laugh out of gifting me Firestorms and Destroyers. :\