• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Reccomendation

Kometsfan2007

Hey everybody. I am an intermediate player and am looking to upgrade to a more advanced Distance Driver and Mi-Range Disc. I currently throw the Innova Leopard and Shark and can throw them around three hundred with my forehand. I was looking at Beasts and some others, but am not sure what I should get. I live on the coast where it is windy, so something heavier and very stable would be best. Any suggestions would be great

Thanks!!!!

Teebirds, rivals, saints, and such.

Or go all out and spring for an ape.

Last edited:
Hey everybody. I am an intermediate player and am looking to upgrade to a more advanced Distance Driver and Mi-Range Disc. I currently throw the Innova Leopard and Shark and can throw them around three hundred with my forehand. I was looking at Beasts and some others, but am not sure what I should get. I live on the coast where it is windy, so something heavier and very stable would be best. Any suggestions would be great

Thanks!!!!

Well there are about 500 different discs out there to choose from. Without knowing your arm speed and stuff it would be hard to give a suggestion.

It is a little curious how you can throw a Leopard sidearm for 300' ... if I ever tried to sidearm a Leopard it would roll over on me in an instant and I have a noodle arm.

My suggestions, I throw Latitude 64 exclusively, so I would suggest their new JADE, basically a faster longer Leopard. You could also give the SAINT a try, a little bit more overstable. If you really wanted to step up the HALO AIR would be something that might work for you as well.

Well there are about 500 different discs out there to choose from. Without knowing your arm speed and stuff it would be hard to give a suggestion.

It is a little curious how you can throw a Leopard sidearm for 300' ... if I ever tried to sidearm a Leopard it would roll over on me in an instant and I have a noodle arm.

My suggestions, I throw Latitude 64 exclusively, so I would suggest their new JADE, basically a faster longer Leopard. You could also give the SAINT a try, a little bit more overstable. If you really wanted to step up the HALO AIR would be something that might work for you as well.

I appreciate the suggestion. I have heard the Saint is a good disc. The majority of my throws with the leopard end in a roll. I think my arm might be a little to quick for the disc itself. Former Baseball player with a strong arm. But on a zero wind day, I can get it to go about three hundred.

I appreciate the suggestion. I have heard the Saint is a good disc. The majority of my throws with the leopard end in a roll. I think my arm might be a little to quick for the disc itself. Former Baseball player with a strong arm. But on a zero wind day, I can get it to go about three hundred.

The SAINT would be good for you to give a shot, I would also give a good solid look at the HALO AIR and OPTO HALO in a 160 weight.

My biggest suggestion would be to just try one or two discs, and stick with them till you figure them out. Trying too many things all at once wont let you dial any of them in

The SAINT would be good for you to give a shot, I would also give a good solid look at the HALO AIR and OPTO HALO in a 160 weight.

My biggest suggestion would be to just try one or two discs, and stick with them till you figure them out. Trying too many things all at once wont let you dial any of them in

Thanks man. I appreciate the help. I am thinking about getting The Saint and trying to learn how it flies and go from there down the road.

Just to clarify for a few people. I was being sarcastic about getting an ape. But when you start rolling everything, you will have to start going more over stable.

You're telling him he should never ever jump up to an ape, yet you are suggesting he start throwing halos. Lol, a little hypocrisy never hurt anyone, I guess.

I really like the Banshee as my overstable fairway. Its a little faster than the leopard, but can really fight the wind. I wouldn't suggest a huge jump in speed, if your still just throwing 300'. Maybe be the Banshee and the Saint. As for a mid range, I would go with a Gator or a Drone. They are both great wind fighters. The Drone being slightly faster than the Gator.

You're telling him he should never ever jump up to an ape, yet you are suggesting he start throwing halos. Lol, a little hypocrisy never hurt anyone, I guess.

A Gold Line Halo isn't even remotly as over stable as an APE. I did suggest a Halo Air... first.

What's the difference between stable and over-stable? I am relatively new to the terminology.

Stable would be between understable and overstable. Your leopard is understable, a Teebird is stable, and a Firebird is overstable.

What's the difference between stable and over-stable? I am relatively new to the terminology.

Stable and overstable are commonly used in the same way. Understand is the opposite of those two.

I.E. If you are throwing Right Handed Side Arm a Overstable/Stable disc is going to finish strong to the right after you throw it. An Understable disc thrown the same way is going to likely flip to the left when you throw it.

Stable would be between understable and overstable. Your leopard is understable, a Teebird is stable, and a Firebird is overstable.

So overstable is good and flat flying mostly? I know my Leopard likes to drop left and roll on landing.

Last edited:
Stable and overstable are commonly used in the same way. Understand is the opposite of those two.

I.E. If you are throwing Right Handed Side Arm a Overstable/Stable disc is going to finish strong to the right after you throw it. An Understable disc thrown the same way is going to likely flip to the left when you throw it.

That makes sense. I appreciate it.

What disc is heavier? The Saint or Halo that your talking about?

I immagine that heavier is better for wind, right?

Latest posts