• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc recommendations for my newbie girlfriend

This one always comes up and it seems like nobody ever learns. I guess it's infrequent enough to where it's hard to search for the answers.

Just bring two nearly identical discs to the outing and hand her one or let her pick one. then just go have fun. don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. just laugh.

^^ this. i think the better question is, what discs should the more experienced player take with them when playing rounds with a beginner. personally, i take a putter, hand the other person a putter, stuff a spare putter into a bag just in case one gets lost, and we head to the first tee.

I started my gf off with a Shark and a Precision. When she got the basics down I let her pick any putter or driver she wanted to use before each round. Eventually she sort of settled on a Viking for a driver (I think mostly because she likes the color). Some rounds we play alternate shot and she likes that a lot. We enjoy playing other couples that way too. Alternate who tees off regardless of who finishes the hole.

FWIW my former gf absconded with an Aviar, Dart, Shark, Stingray, Leopard, and an Orc, if that gives any insight into discs girls like. I think she took the Orc just from spite, she couldn't throw it. I did miss giving up the Dart and the Orc but since it meant never having to deal with her again it was a good trade.

I started my gf off with a Shark and a Precision. When she got the basics down I let her pick any putter or driver she wanted to use before each round. Eventually she sort of settled on a Viking for a driver (I think mostly because she likes the color). Some rounds we play alternate shot and she likes that a lot. We enjoy playing other couples that way too. Alternate who tees off regardless of who finishes the hole.

FWIW my former gf absconded with an Aviar, Dart, Shark, Stingray, Leopard, and an Orc, if that gives any insight into discs girls like. I think she took the Orc just from spite, she couldn't throw it. I did miss giving up the Dart and the Orc but since it meant never having to deal with her again it was a good trade.

That's some funny stuff

I have a couple of lightweight discs I let my gf throw and had to get her a pink ion because she loved mine but it was yellow.

My wife loves her DX Archangel. 86-41. 138g. Shes like five foot nothing and does pretty good, even gets a little highspeed turn out of it. She play with me alot more after finding this little gem. she likes the width of the wing (8speed) better than a slower disc, or a faster disc like- say a valkyrie.

People say "have fun thats all that matters" and I agree. But give her a max weight lat64 stiletto and that fun may never happen lol

Get her a light Whippet for a utility/ FH roller disc. I pimp the whippet as often as I can. Choosing park courses over wooded courses is another excellent suggestion. I would begin by finding out what her natural throwing style is ; bh vs FH. If you wanted to keep it simple at the beginning , start with putter, comet, or condor.