• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc STEALER'S

i was play a busy day one time and we where stuck behind a family so the group behind us of 2 just joined up and we played a few holes with them then the family took a break and my group went on and they ended up playing behind us with another group, we throw a few holes my friend leaves his putter in the basket then goes to grab it realizing its gone on the next hole then runs back to the basket asks the group. it was the group of 2 we had played with before grabbed it up so he ran to the parking lot just to see them drive off. then we go back to where we had left off walk 15 feet from the tee and he finds a brand new champ stingray no ink and no one around.

I left a badass roc on hole 4 @ Bear Creek Park, and didn't realize I left it until hole 11. I asked a few groups, no luck. Then I saw this big goofy mutherfuker who had one that looked like it in his hand, but denied finding it. We decided to play behind them to investigate more. When I approached his buddy about it, he eventually talked him into giving it back. I gave him a champ Groove for his honesty. There are just people out there like that. Picking it up is one thing, I would've done the same, but lying about it is totally different. Douche

We have a blind hole that ends up near the road. One day a mini van stop and got out, grabbed my disc and started to drive off. Only problem it was a one-way street that leads right back to the tee pad. I stood in the middle of the road. He said, "Oh, is this yours?" YES. Then he said "I thought it was free."

Definitely a high-ranking DB.

*wonders why no one has commented on the OP's avatar*

Where does that rank on the Prerubian scale?

Never had this problem. Maybe this illustrates why.

Me: You guys want to play through on this hole?
Other guys: Sure!

Scenario A-Our card hasn't thrown drives yet. Quick group drives and finishes hole.

Other guys: Thanks a lot!
Me: Have a good game and stay in school!

Scenario B-All or some of our card has thrown drives. My card finishes driving. Waits for other card to drive. Walks up to discs together. Lets smaller group finish hole before taking our approach shots.

Other guys: Thanks a lot!
Me: Have a good game and enjoy the rest of the day! Sure beats work, eh?

*all lol*

This happened the last weekend. We were allowed to play through a group that was looking for dude's disc, a yellow wraith. Good luck, I said, since the hole had a huge downslope to a forest.

A couple of holes later, I find a star yellow wraith with no ink. I figure, it must be the one that other guy was looking for.

So, after the round, I run into him in the parking lot, and show him the disc that I found. You know what he said?

"Nah, I did lose a yellow star wraith, but that's not mine. Mine was more beat up/worn out. I don't want it"

There is hope after all...

Or you could simply chase them down, bash their skulls in and stop being a pussy. Or you could just continue to whine and moan on the internet someone stole your disc. Your choice, I'm not one to promote... Yeah, that's a lie.

I left a magic SSS in basket a few holes and went back where one groups said they would have taken it if it wasn't such a crappy disc, luckily group behind them picked it up and was defensive when I aske for it " it was laying in basket" I was very thankful. While running back to my group I told the previous group how this crappy disc let me card 9 under at my homecourse. :)

Have some friends who find discs and will not givetjwm back and they often deal with the bad karma that ensues. I have returned and given away manu discs and will continue to do so in hope when I pill another bone head move I'll get my disc back.

"excuse me I believe that is my disc."

milton-stapler1.jpg

Sadly, it is the thiefs who are hurting the etiquite part of this much loved sport. You will see people on this website all the time bitch about..."well i was at a course and their were 4 guys in front of just me, and they never let me pass"....
THIS CRAP IS WHY!
After one of my disc got jacked, My etiquite is gone for allowing people to pass, I guess my new rule is "first come, first serve"

Sadly, it is the thiefs who are hurting the etiquite part of this much loved sport. You will see people on this website all the time bitch about..."well i was at a course and their were 4 guys in front of just me, and they never let me pass"....
THIS CRAP IS WHY!
After one of my disc got jacked, My etiquite is gone for allowing people to pass, I guess my new rule is "first come, first serve"

This post brought to you by a jerk.

THIS CRAP IS WHY!

I bet you're a really likable guy. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that everyone who wants to play through is out to steal your disc.

I was playing DG about a week ago with 3 friends, a guy at the course picked up one of my friends discs and ran to his car and peeled off. I was pretty shocked someone was that much of a douchebag but those kind of people are out there. And people find it shocking that more people dont return discs when there are people who will grab them in front of you and run off.

The exact thing happened with me but I was using a surge

Latest posts