• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Stealers

LmidgitD

Bogey Member
Bah. Had a disc stolen within three minutes of me leaving it on the green after putting. It was my fault for leaving it. A used dx Wraith that I bought on these forums that I was beginning to like very much. Number on it, but oh well. Gave me a chance to buy a Lat Flow that I've been eyeing up. lol

Just had to get that off my chest.

Bah, it's life. It was a great first shot, lol. I got distracted when my buddy declared that we were going to start a race for the lowest par, and I'm super competitive. The way I look at it, if I'm that worried about losing a disc then I'm playing the wring sport.

I buddy of mine recently threw his favorite 10X Roc as an extra drive on Hole 9 (next to parking lot) at our favorite course. A group of newbies was right on our tail so we let them catch up and drive and play with us, thinking that they were getting ready to make the turn too. We let them hole out and move on. Instead of making the turn, they jumped in their vehicles and took off. I am pretty sure they did not mean to do it, but they had grabbed the 10X instead of their crappy white 150 leopard. That is the definition of a bad trade...

I've had a disc stolen out of my bag. Perfectly seasoned DX Roc. I had just stepped into the trees off the fairway to find my disc and left my bag on the edge within eyesight. My back was only turned for a minute and someone must've walked along and plucked it out.

I was playing with some guys last week and one almost had his disc stolen right off the fairway. It was on one of the longer holes at my course (around 600ft). There was a group in front of us looking for a disc so we asked to play through (we were going to go help them look when we got down there). His drive went probably 300ft. right to where the lady (newbie) was standing. We got down to the spot where our discs were and couldn't find his. She was holding one that was the same color and this guy asked multiple times to see the disc -- she kept saying it was her own. After about ten minutes of looking, he finally pursuaded her to let him look at the disc she was hiding between two other discs....sure enough! It was his. She tried to say she picked up the wrong one, but her disc was a completely different color. :rolleyes:

I also almost had a guy steal my entire bag a couple weeks ago. I was looking for a disc in the water and had my bag sitting about 20 yards away. While I was looking down at the water for my disc and talking to another guy who was helping me, some dude on a bike rides over (completely off the bike trail - no where for him to go) and rides right next to my bag looking at it. I glanced over at him and he proceeded on, trying to act like he was helping me look. :rolleyes: After seeing that, I'll be keeping my bag with me at all times from now on. :rolleyes:

Garret

I've had a disc stolen out of my bag. Perfectly seasoned DX Roc. I had just stepped into the trees off the fairway to find my disc and left my bag on the edge within eyesight. My back was only turned for a minute and someone must've walked along and plucked it out.

racoons

The best one I remember was when a little kid actually fetched my disc. I had a fairly nice toss and started walking toward the pin. There was a group of little kids playing over in the field away from the tee -- I didn't pay much attention as they ran over near the hole....as I got closer, one came running up holding my disc and handed it back to me. :D

Garret

^I've had something similar happen. However the kid tried to run off. Had to chase him down to be honest. lol. Wasn't a good area to be playing it.

I was at Jaycee Park in Grand Rapids. Sort of a ghetto area, but not too bad. I drive off the tee pad, wait for my friends to drive, then proceed to take my upshot. As I clear the hill where my disc flew over, I see this local kid with my disc in his hand. He sees me.................. and then throws it back to me.

Maybe it was her...

ninja.jpg

are you sure you didnt just leave it somewhere. it doesnt seem likely that someone would just steal one disc

today was a bad day for people losng discs in cedar hill... no really stealing... but we had 5 people ask us if we had seen their discs, and one of our guys leave one and have to ask some people behind us... (they were honest and gave it to us)

Maybe it was her...

ninja.jpg

Nah, she only throws Katanas.

We had some guys walk down into Hole #12 at Pueblo City Park but never saw them walk out. We wait to tee off to give them time to get clear. After waiting awhile I tell my son I'll go down and spot for him so he can tee off. I get down there and these guys are all hiding around the trees. They see me tell my son Not Clear and proceed to walk off like they weren't doing anything.

A guy at the local course left his Lat64 disc by some bushes on the last hole, then just sat at the benches nearby, watched closely and yelled at people who tried to pick it up.

I played about 3 rounds and he was there most of that time doing this. Idk what his deal was.

Latest posts