• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Stealers

are you sure you didnt just leave it somewhere. it doesnt seem likely that someone would just steal one disc

Absolutely positive. This happened on the second hole and i had not thrown the roc at all. At the end of the fairway which plays down a hill there is the end of a lake and there were some guys taking a swim (or possibly fishing for discs, which is pretty common on this course) and when i walked out of the trees i saw them at the top of the hill walking back to their car. I didn't notice until after i had finished the hole that the disc was missing. Pretty sure it was stolen.

I'd like to scream at the damn disc goblins from the Nth dimension who steal my discs. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

What the hell is that?

You accidentally throw a disc into a really small, lightly wooded area. You and 2 other people see exactly where it went and even see it come down to the ground. It couldn't possibly be anywhere but in "this" 7' diameter of space... right here. We all saw it. Oh no, we all search for 35 -45 minutes for it and it's just GONE.

To make matters worse, all of my discs are well marked and have my phone number, yet I've still never had any of them returned. Call me a shyster or a genius, but I always put my wifes name on them instead of mine. I figure that I'm about 300X as likely to get a call about it if people think the disc belongs to a girl... a girl who's phone number they now have.;)

It makes me mad every time I see a disc for sale online or at the used shop with the entire bottom of the disc dyed black or marked out. Finders keepers only applies when the disc is unmarked and you've tried to find an owner by asking around and making a post on your local DG Clubs website.

I've had my bag stolen from me at a course... I missed a putt, proceeded to putt 5 more putts to prove I could make it. One of my misses hit and rolled down in a creek bed. I get out of the creek and look up to see my putters on the ground and door slammed shut and a quick peel out of the parking lot, also noticing my bag was gone.

Damn kids

I wouldn't call it stolen if you left it. Did you ask the group(s) behind you if they had picked it up?

Disc Stolen... by dog. Hole #3 of Berry College Log Cabin Course. Throw a x-out 168 wraith, maybe my favorite disc ever, 10 feet out on a 350ft. OUT OF SOME WAIST HIGH WEEDS COMES A SMALL BLACK DOG- GRABS MY DISC AND DARTS RIGHT BACK INTO THE WEEDED FIELD. By the time I got up to where he went in he was 200 yards of so away and moving into some thick woods. I tried to track his path but to no avail... I may carry a slingshot on my next round.

Yep I asked the group behind me. I consider it stolen if within three minutes (may have been less) the disc is gone when it was laying 10' from the basket. It was a wide open fairway as well with three baby trees. The person saw us without a doubt. However douchey as it was, it's pushed me to buy a Flow which is in the mail. So perhaps it was a blessing in disguise?

At a tournament this past weekend, we noticed a brightly tie died disc sitting in the middle of the fairway on hole 7. We left it there. Second round, it's still there, unmoved.

That's tournament players for ya.

Disc Stolen... by dog. Hole #3 of Berry College Log Cabin Course. Throw a x-out 168 wraith, maybe my favorite disc ever, 10 feet out on a 350ft. OUT OF SOME WAIST HIGH WEEDS COMES A SMALL BLACK DOG- GRABS MY DISC AND DARTS RIGHT BACK INTO THE WEEDED FIELD. By the time I got up to where he went in he was 200 yards of so away and moving into some thick woods. I tried to track his path but to no avail... I may carry a slingshot on my next round.
Oh, that was my dog. I send him out to steal discs for me, but since you post here I'll send you your disc back...just give me your credit card info for shipping...

it is my hope that anyone who steals someone else's disc hits a tree with in everytime they throw it.

Was playing in a group of 4 at Oregon Park in Marietta, GA (known for having 1-disc wonders who steal discs out of the fairway) and someone in our group couldn't find their disc. We all went to go help him look and I grabbed my bag and recommended everyone else do so as well (it was sitting on the bench at the next tee). Well one person left their bag and sure enough when they got back a disc was missing. Pretty messed up (it was like a 150 dx sidewinder or something). Punk kids.

Same person same park left a personalized (signed with a message to her) star skeeter from Des Reading on accident while practicing putting. It was her favorite disc to throw. Of course someone stole it and never called. Who does that? Is it fun to have something signed specifically to someone else? Maybe they had the same name?

And I remember parking my new champ destroyer (like the 1st few weeks they were out, cfr only) on a long downhill hole. Saw some kids walking by the basket as I stopped to talk to a friend on the tee. Sure enough my disc was nowhere to be found and I ended up chasing after these kids into the parking lot 1/4 mile away to get it back. Jerks.

Last year I threw a wraith pin high on a 420ft hole and then saw some kids run out and grab it, then run away. I was too far to do anything about it. By the time I got up there, they were driving away.

On a lighter note, I was playing a course in the area about 2 years ago, and after hole 18 I took my driver and casually tossed it back towards the teepad for hole 1. This little cat runs out of nowhere, grabs my disc, and attempts to run away with it, except the disc keeps falling out of its mouth. I chased after it, and instead of being scared, the cat made even more effort to get away with my disc. I guess it finally got a good grip on it and dashed back to the fenced backyard where it came from. Unfortunately for the cat, while the opening in the fence was wide enough to accommodate the cat, it was not wide enough to fit a driver through sideways. The disc hit against the fence and dropped, the cat saw me running towards the disc and made one last effort to grab it and pull it through the hole in the fence, once again getting denied. I couldn't stop laughing at the situation. Anyway, if that hole in the fence was a little wider I would have been out one driver.

"This little cat runs out of nowhere, grabs my disc, and attempts to run away with it, except the disc keeps falling out of its mouth"

That is one cool cat, wonder if it was Fabulous Furry Freak Brother, Fat Freddie's cat.

I once had a kid run across Hole #14 at Pueblo City Park and snag my disc from right next to the basket. He runs to his mom, they check out the disc, and continue on their way with it. I run over and catch up with them in the parking lot by 18. Turns out the kid was mentally disabled. I asked if I could have it back and tried to explain what we were doing. The mom never said a single word. She only pointed. Not sure what that's about. So the kid, still holding my disc, walks back to #14, and sets my disc in the basket. He then walks back to his mom with his head down and a very sad face. My son runs to our car to see if we have a disc for this kid, but when he gets back they had already driven away. I've never seen them again since then.

I saw one at the park the other day a guy had pulled out of the water -- on the back someone wrote "free beer if returned." :D

Garret

Oh, that was my dog. I send him out to steal discs for me, but since you post here I'll send you your disc back...just give me your credit card info for shipping...

ha, let me guess, your an Arabian Prince too huh?

I've started writing my phone number like this $(555)555-5555$ on my hard to replace plastic. PD's, Wizards, a couple of my really money Buzzz's, Stalkers etc.

Everytime I've lost one of the discs with the $ it's been returned, they always ask about the reward but never accept, I usually try to give 'em 5 bucks or something depending on where or how I lost it.

Latest posts