• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Storage Bins at Home Depot - $ 9.97

After seeing this, I actually bought the ones you recommended. these 12 gal .

I had originally bought Stardoggy in post #14, the smaller version (single row of discs) and it was definitely too short to hold discs without tilting them.

I'm going to try and add noodles/padding so that it can hold two rows in place without them touching.

What kind of discs are you putting in there, or are you putting padding at the bottom? With no padding at the bottom, I had no problem completely filling a bin with drivers, with no pushback. Putters and mids required me to take a disc out, but they fit fine after that. I'm not putting padding at the bottom, FWIW.

What kind of discs are you putting in there, or are you putting padding at the bottom? With no padding at the bottom, I had no problem completely filling a bin with drivers, with no pushback. Putters and mids required me to take a disc out, but they fit fine after that. I'm not putting padding at the bottom, FWIW.

It was a sleeve of putters. I plan on putting padding at the bottom, but I hadn't before I returned them. I could get it to close, but it was bulging a little bit at the top.

My main reason was that if they already weren't fitting in, there was no way I would be able to use padding.

No surprise that Lowe's has pretty much the same 12 gal totes at about the same price... whatever's more convenient for you.

12 gal tote w/ green lid for $6
12 gal tote w/ black lid for $6

Maybe green for putters & mids, black for drivers, by manufacturer, whatevs... nice to be able to color code if you wish.

Got a feeling the $6 totes aren't quite as heavy as the $10 in the OP - could be good or bad depending on your needs.

I'd be fine losing 1 disc capacity on the smaller ones for putters and mids to clear the top, but I think I prefer the greater capacity for the buck of the $6 12 gal totes, plus you can add foam to hold them secure if you wish.

Last edited:
It was a sleeve of putters. I plan on putting padding at the bottom, but I hadn't before I returned them. I could get it to close, but it was bulging a little bit at the top.

My main reason was that if they already weren't fitting in, there was no way I would be able to use padding.

Yeah, like I said, I had to take out a putter or two to get a little lean, but to me, that's ok. I'm not putting padding on the bottom, as I'm not worried about warpage or anything. 95% of the time, the tubs will just be sitting stacked up in the basement.

I bought one of the smaller ones, it can not hold mids, so then I put a new Star Boss in and it was too tall and would not close unless you really tilted it.

Going back to the bigger ones, I found big pool noodles at Sports Authority for $ 3.99 each.

Yeah, like I said, I had to take out a putter or two to get a little lean, but to me, that's ok. I'm not putting padding on the bottom, as I'm not worried about warpage or anything. 95% of the time, the tubs will just be sitting stacked up in the basement.

Ahh, I don't have a large collection so most of these will see course time. I try and rotate out discs pretty frequently to keep even wear on different molds.

I bought one of the smaller ones, it can not hold mids, so then I put a new Star Boss in and it was too tall and would not close unless you really tilted it.

Going back to the bigger ones, I found big pool noodles at Sports Authority for $ 3.99 each.

:thmbup:

Evidently, the $6 (was actually $5.98) mentioned in post #23 was a sale price. Currently $7.98.

12 gal tote w/ green lid
12 gal tote w/ black lid

There are similar ones at Home Depot, too. I picked up 3 yesterday and found they hold ~42 drivers or 36-38 putters. I need 2 more, I think. :thmbup: I went with these, because they're clear on the sides. They may hold about 2-4 less discs than the ones in the OP, since the base narrows about an inch smaller.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-12-gal-Flip-Top-Tote-211512/202520515