• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Storage Containers

Do discs store better on their edges than on their bottoms?
IMO, yes. I have thousands and every once in a while (maybe twice a year) I'll go into every container / box and "give them a quarter turn". In this way there should be less chance of permanent 'set' setting in - as each disc is 'under its own weight'.
Also what helps is 1) not jamming them too tightly together, 2) not storing them in very hot temperatures (above 40C), and 3) making sure that, if you stack other boxes on top of the one in question, that the box is sturdy enough to support ALL above weight by itself (read: don't have the discs hitting the inside of the box's top).

If you've got diaper-using housemates, huggies boxes make for pretty good storage. Size 3 (132 ct) and Size 4 (112 ct) are both pretty perfect, with the Size 4 box being slightly longer. I'm making a move and have over 30 discs in the Size 4, with 28 in the Size 3. (Nice mix of mids and drivers in both)

Update on this. I'm moving again and snapped some photos of my disc storage. You notice we used Huggies for our little ones, and I ended up with various sizes and styles from size 2 to size 6 (no size 5 for some reason). But these work quite well. One of the sizes didn't fit large diameter mids, but most do. If you or your friends have these available, they provide great and affordable disc storage.

I must have at least 150 discs in these six boxes, though I didn't count.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20210221_084128.jpg
    20210221_084128.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 20210221_084050.jpg
    20210221_084050.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210221_084112.jpg
    20210221_084112.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 14
The cheap plastic totes work too but here are some other ideas depending on what you are after.

I make the pvc racks (and sell kits for those who don't want to or don't have the space/tools to cut them themselves).
The three stall metal one is a walmart shoe rack; two of them modified, actually.
The tool box is another walmart product modified with some pipe insulation and dowels; home depot has a good one too.

Different styles and price points but they all work depending on your desires.

PVC Racks - Little Pricy if you want the good fittings ($55-$125)
Holds 100-500 Discs Depending on Configuration
PvyOWxg

xU1aUjX

5EvZFqB

qZ24S9C

Walmart Shoe Rack - Kinda flimsy but cheap and easy to put together ($54ish)
Holds 450 discs maybe? Better screw it to the wall though or it might tip.
qHM1jYh

Walmart Tool Box - Stackable/Travel/Practice Box ($25ish)
Holds 30-40 Discs, stacks nice, and holds discs secure so they don't scuff in transport
ic175WD

W2i4e20

*tried attaching pictures but first time with that so we will see if they come up. If not i will try again.

I've been working with a local bin recycling company and I just launched this new disc golf storage product.

These things have a totally flat bottom and are very stackable. Ideal for portability, selling, displaying and/or running events.

I just added shipping options for Canada and USA so please check it out!

https://www.ripplediscs.com/shop

0c696440a482.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts