• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Theft on the Course!!!!

mikeb23

A few days ago while I was picking up some discs at my local shop (Chains Disc Golf in Crystal Lake IL, if you are in the area check it out) I heard some very disturbing news. One of the employees there told me that recently at our local course there have been reports of some punk kids hiding in weeds or in the woods waiting for people to throw and then running out and stealing peoples discs. i am curious if this is a problem everywhere or just here. Also I am wondering if any of you have any ideas on how we can stop this. Thanks.

I have an idea on how to stop punks:

clint-eastwood-dirty-harry.jpg

this is why i carry my airsoft pistol. it looks real, feels real, and would leave a real wound should i pistol whip somebody.

A few days ago while I was picking up some discs at my local shop (Chains Disc Golf in Crystal Lake IL, if you are in the area check it out) I heard some very disturbing news. One of the employees there told me that recently at our local course there have been reports of some punk kids hiding in weeds or in the woods waiting for people to throw and then running out and stealing peoples discs. i am curious if this is a problem everywhere or just here. Also I am wondering if any of you have any ideas on how we can stop this. Thanks.

Yea.... I've heard of this as well. Never happened to me though. Tackle them if you see em'! rough em' up a little on the take down of course and call the cops! Now I'm not one for calling the police but THIEVES?!? I HATE thieves.. Especially plastic stealing ones... Just throw "Jonny Law" at em'! They'll stop real quick.

We've had that happen at Buffalo Grove too, that's three places in the Chicago area so far...

dude, ppl get killed by cops when they wave water guns around... I hope you are unserious about that air pistol....

of course i don't carry that...i painted the tip and all the warnings on it so it looks real. looks pretty real doesn't it? it's got a huge clip too.

plus, here in chesterton, the cops would probably be more shocked than anything if they saw a gun. i could see in chicago where you're from the cops being more paranoid

It hasn't happened to me either, but I was blown away by this. I know there are a lot of scumbags out there but this is beyond low.

This guy was caught stealing discs and the local airsoft vigilance squad did what they had to.

Serves you right....punk. :p

But seriously, if you're having a problem with disc thieves at your course, I'd start talking with other players to police the situation and run them out of there.

i wonder if these kids scope the throwers to see if they think they can outrun them...they wont outrun me.

Yea.... I've heard of this as well. Never happened to me though. Tackle them if you see em'! rough em' up a little on the take down of course and call the cops! Now I'm not one for calling the police but THIEVES?!? I HATE thieves.. Especially plastic stealing ones... Just throw "Jonny Law" at em'! They'll stop real quick.

the problem with calling the cops on these punks is that the area is monitores by the "park district police" who are far more concerned with catching people drinking or smoking weed on the course than stopping a kid who stole a frisbee

the problem with calling the cops on these punks is that the area is monitores by the "park district police" who are far more concerned with catching people drinking or smoking weed on the course than stopping a kid who stole a frisbee

True that. I'm ALWAYS keeping my eyes peeled!!:D But for a specific crime, when the thief is caught? Call a cop! Thats there job.. Cops are always lurking around courses looking for "easy state revenue" regardless. Funky Herbs, Drinking... Give them a REAL crime to deal with. Then Thank them for handling the REAL crime. Simple...

I've seen it happen before. It was a long downhill hole and they ran off with my buddies wraith. They had 600-700ft head start and they dissapeared. 2 little punk kids that couldn't of been 15.

HAppened at Twila Reid last month to our whole crew. A week later some guy was tryin to sell them at another course to different friends of mine