• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Theft on the Course!!!!

True that. I'm ALWAYS keeping my eyes peeled!!:D But for a specific crime, when the thief is caught? Call a cop! Thats there job.. Cops are always lurking around courses looking for "easy state revenue" regardless. Funky Herbs, Drinking... Give them a REAL crime to deal with. Then Thank them for handling the REAL crime. Simple...

See, I ain't the only one that feels this way

the problem with calling the cops on these punks is that the area is monitores by the "park district police" who are far more concerned with catching people drinking or smoking weed on the course than stopping a kid who stole a frisbee

Solution: Tell the cops that there are some gang of kids, that you suspect have been selling weed in the park. Now they have started stealing discs.

Solution: Tell the cops that there are some gang of kids, that you suspect have been selling weed in the park. Now they have started stealing discs.

i did this, but said they were slangin' heroin, cause in NW indiana, heroin is everywhere.

bear mace and taser guns. make their shirts explode.

PS - moonijuana. haha.

"where's the carb on this thing?"

"it's in your butt, man."

"oh yeah...i got it."

There were a few kids doing this at Sylmar for a while aged 10-13. They'd hang out by the picnic tables at the 7th/14th tees and wait for shots to come down 13. It can be a blind shot there and is up to 305' downhill. They'd then call the people a few days later and try to ransom the discs off.

just let them know that the consequences will NEVER be the same!
they'll get the message real quick..

I would like to keep this thread going to see if anyone has any luck stopping these bastards. The owner of the local disc shop did catch one kid trying to pawn an old champ teebird for cash. I would say for now just try to let all your local players know that this is happening and if you see a kid walking around aimlessly holding a bunch of discs question him and let him know that this is not cool.

I had a DX shark disappear out of the middle of the fairway at Acorn in St Paul once, never saw the thief, but there was a dude in the parking lot surrounded by about 7 squad cars, take that punk.

Are there any specific holes that they have been hiding on? I play Lippold regularly and would like to know where I need to be careful. Maybe thats what happened to my Wraith a few weeks ago.

I wish the cops would catch some of the beer drinkers on this course as well. It is a mess with empties. It makes it really annoying to look for a disc. Every time you think you see your disc in the bushes its just a can.

Was this at Lippold? I had a little douchebag gangbanger wannabe pick up my disc a while back there. He dropped it, either from the graphic stream of profanity I was screaming at him (not so likely) or the fact that it was a chewed up DX Banshee (much more likely IMO.) If the little jerk had wanted it, no way I could have stopped him.

Are there any specific holes that they have been hiding on? I play Lippold regularly and would like to know where I need to be careful. Maybe thats what happened to my Wraith a few weeks ago.

I wish the cops would catch some of the beer drinkers on this course as well. It is a mess with empties. It makes it really annoying to look for a disc. Every time you think you see your disc in the bushes its just a can.
I used to play Lippold when it was 9, and I get the hole numbers mixed up now. The spot the little jerk hid on me was one of the new holes away from the walking path. It's a spot in the woods where the next tee and fairway is right there but you can't see it for the woods. I think it was #12-#13, does that sound right? I think it was my drive off #12 and I didn't see the kid there, by the time I figured out what was going on he was running down # 13's fairway.

I have heard of this happening on 11 (very easy to hide back there) And I heard about a guy it happened to on 18. So watch your stuff!!!!

beer drinker does not = litterer.

i throw all of my **** away and have spent hours at local courses cleaning up cans and other crap.

/beer dr..., no wait, PROLIFIC beer drinker.

Someone should do a sting
resize
It seems like a lot of effort to have someone hide in the leaves, wait for thieves, throw, catch them in the act. If the cops don't care, maybe the thieves could be taught to care.

Maybe some should act as a decoy and have a few guys blocking off the parking lot.....

I was playing zboaz awhile back and on hole 4 ...The hole is basically a 700 foot downhill shot with a major road running along the right side of the fairway. I threw probably a boss or destroyer into a strong headwind and it landed in the road 500+ feet away. As my buddy is throwing his shot i see a truck slowing down while it was approaching my disc so i started sprinting down the hill full blast, stopped to pick up a softball sized rock and continued to run as fast as i could. Homedude in the truck stops, jumps out of his truck, picks up my disc and starts to get back in his truck when i start yelling in a full sprint about a good 100 feet from him but closing fast.... literally seconds before i was about to smash his rear window with said rock he threw my disc at me and drove off....I'd say he made a good decision.