• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Theft on the Course!!!!

I was playing zboaz awhile back and on hole 4 ...The hole is basically a 700 foot downhill shot with a major road running along the right side of the fairway. I threw probably a boss or destroyer into a strong headwind and it landed in the road 500+ feet away. As my buddy is throwing his shot i see a truck slowing down while it was approaching my disc so i started sprinting down the hill full blast, stopped to pick up a softball sized rock and continued to run as fast as i could. Homedude in the truck stops, jumps out of his truck, picks up my disc and starts to get back in his truck when i start yelling in a full sprint about a good 100 feet from him but closing fast.... literally seconds before i was about to smash his rear window with said rock he threw my disc at me and drove off....I'd say he made a good decision.
Yeah, otherwise he could have gotten out and beaten the **** out of you,

A $350+ window is far more important than a $20 disc.

On some blind holes I at as a watch out for my friends as they throw, and then they do the same for me. You might have to do this at these courses.

I have without a doubt that my disc was taken from the fairway of #7 at Silver Lake, WI earlier this summer.

2 years ago someone took 1 of my 2 practice drives on hole #9 at Adler in Libertyville, IL One was next to the pin and the other was just in the woods.

you be the judge, real, or fake...

IMG00450-20100827-1617.jpg

that is a rubber hand. totally fake

i like to hide in the shrubberies on blind holes and move other peoples' drives into the baskets so they think they got aces. it is priceless to see the delight it brings.

This happened to me today a Castaldo park in woodridge il ont he 2nd hole there are a set of trees to throw over ... well i did that as i walked through the path to get my disc on the other side of the trees 3 kids ran off with my disc.....

Maybe you could throw some old crappy disc, then after they grab and run, make your real throw with your good disc.:)

Haven't experience anything first hand, but slightly more disturbing. I was on my local public course and I started talking to this guy that was moving the pins around. Apparently he's in charge of the course. He told me that he owns a private course in the mountains that's set up for kids that are physically and mentally challenged and someone stole 8 of the 18 baskets. The stealing had to be planned and deliberate because the course winds through the mountains and is on private property. Honestly some people just make me sick.

Lippold was my home course for years. Kids stealing discs isnt anything new to that course. Its never happened to me personally but it did to my friend on a blind hole 11 i think had a great shot and it just disappeared looked for a good 20 minutes.

i like to hide in the shrubberies on blind holes and move other peoples' drives into the baskets so they think they got aces. it is priceless to see the delight it brings.

You must play cubbys course a lot! :hfive:

A few days ago while I was picking up some discs at my local shop (Chains Disc Golf in Crystal Lake IL, if you are in the area check it out) I heard some very disturbing news. One of the employees there told me that recently at our local course there have been reports of some punk kids hiding in weeds or in the woods waiting for people to throw and then running out and stealing peoples discs. i am curious if this is a problem everywhere or just here. Also I am wondering if any of you have any ideas on how we can stop this. Thanks.

Cant say for sure but I'm pretty sure this happened to me and my buddy the other day at Dretzka. He threw a very short midrange shot which should have been incredibly easy to find. We round the corner and see a bunch of kids there. Asked if they saw where it went, then they all said they didn't know and started walking away quickly. Phaggotz.

Latest posts