• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discgolf planet tv

I have a 52 inch touch screen computer I get to watch it on now and it really is not to bad. Yea the camera person could learn to hold the camera better but hey this is better than nothing which is what we had before this came along. I paid my 25$ for lifetime membership so I feel and hope I have done my little part to help out.
It is probably mostly about bandwidth and how much more it costs to stream HD as compared to SD. HD is a bear and is huge when it comes to file size. I know that when I download it some of my videos to youtube it can take several hours.
What blows me away is that some in the disc golf community can never be happy with what people are trying to do in a sport that, lets face it, is insignificant when it comes to the big picture of sports out there. Heck even the women's college bowling championship made it on ESPNU. So stop whining and enjoy it and support it so that the people who are taking the chances out there can make it better!!

I think what they are doing is awesome. Of course there are going to be hiccups... they are just a couple years in. Hopefully one of these days a big advertiser will bite and throw them $50,000 or $100,000. I don't know if it will happen though if they are only averaging 800-1000 viewers per broadcast...

I am with you guys, I don't see how anyone can complain when the coverage is FREE to watch

I think what they are doing is awesome. Of course there are going to be hiccups... they are just a couple years in. Hopefully one of these days a big advertiser will bite and throw them $50,000 or $100,000. I don't know if it will happen though if they are only averaging 800-1000 viewers per broadcast...

I am with you guys, I don't see how anyone can complain when the coverage is FREE to watch

I understand that 240p was needed to stream the video. But, it does not explain the horrible camera work.

I understand that 240p was needed to stream the video. But, it does not explain the horrible camera work.

Must be taking great amounts of self control for Troll Hizzle NOT to remind everyone that he was once a cameraman for DGTV!

Must be taking great amounts of self control for Troll Hizzle NOT to remind everyone that he was once a cameraman for DGTV!

Must be a good reason for him not to share that info... perhaps he sucketh at camera work too. The very thing he complains about.....

It's also worth mentioning that the cameraman was struggling just to stay upright in 50mph wind gusts. I'll give them some slack when it comes to a shaky camera in that. Until you've experienced winds like that for yourself you have no idea how hard it is to do some normally easy tasks.

18696447.jpg

Loved it loved it loved it. Only a couple years ago we were stuck looking at dots on a map and a scoreboard only. I am so happy with the coverage I am seriously considering the $25 membership fee.

I was disappointed that Doc Duesler had to lock the chat down. That's often a great addition to the tourney coverage.

Ill second that. StarShark and I have had some conversations there. Its nice to discuss DG with others while watching.

They did have a chat through facebook though, but not quite the same.

Ill second that. StarShark and I have had some conversations there. Its nice to discuss DG with others while watching.

They did have a chat through facebook though, but not quite the same.

The chat was being abused by too many people making obscene comments. I am very glad that they shut the chat down and decided to use the Facebook/Twitter login chat on LiveStream instead.

The chat was being abused by too many people making obscene comments. I am very glad that they shut the chat down and decided to use the Facebook/Twitter login chat on LiveStream instead.

Seriously??? The camera shots were that bad and you all are complaining about a f'in chatbox!

Also, I don't facepoop because I don't want big brother knowing my every move...

Seriously??? The camera shots were that bad and you all are complaining about a f'in chatbox!

Also, I don't facepoop because I don't want big brother knowing my every move...

Camera shots were, well amateur, by comparison to other LIVE action sports. Chat feature was nice...always cool to see others posting thoughts about the coverage.

what should go away is the live on-course interviews of players during the round. Players are not focused on giving an interview while focused on their game. leave them along until after the round.