• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discin Courses in Germany

discinsoldier

I'm a service member stationed in Germany. Before I left I was an avid disc golfer. Since I got deployed but am soon planning to return to Germany. I began researching courses there and found quite a few. I was wondering if anyone out there has played any of them by chance, and how "american" friendly they are.

Thanks for your service.

You should pm elementZ. He has played a bunch in Germany and has updated slot of courses there too. You'll prolly see hisreviews on most courses. Good luck, an international ace would be awesome.

Very American friendly

From casual to tournament play, I was welcomed with open arms. My personal experience of Disc Golfing in Germany was short, but unforgettable.

Courses I've played:

Northern Germany:
1) City Nord - Temporary course in Hamburg
2) Sudstrand - Kellenhusen

Central:
1) Dassel

East:
1) Berlin-Wedding - but I didn't call ahead to have the course 'set up.' - Only found 1 or 2 permanent baskets to play :(

If you are going to be anywhere near any of these cities, and want some insight or perhaps a person to contact to get together to play with, please do not hesitate to send me a private message.

Best of luck - Thank you for your service... ...

I just responded to your message...if you need any more information, feel free to message me again. Luckily, that's an area of Germany I know very well and I've played all the courses. All the course pages should be up to date with pictures and reviews.

As for how Americans are received, disc golfers are very, very cool people to be around in Germany. Super friendly!

Thanks jsc for the recommendation. :)

Unfortunately, all the courses are a two hour drive from your station. :(

I don't know how chains crazy you are though.

I played Ostpark Russelsheim just outside of Frankfurt last month. A fun course with a crazy layout. I reviewed the course on here. If you are anywhere near that area its worth playing but GO EARLY! Its a multi use park and no one we encountered seemed to have a clue.

Sorry to hijack BUT Germany is really rad!

I have been all over southern Germany/France/Switz/Austr. Freiburg is my favorite, has a super cool vibe. It borders the Black Forest and France. Neat little canals vein their way through each & every street you can dip your feet in to cool off. There is one that is just minutes from town(southside near the college).

Sorry to hijack BUT Germany is really rad!

I have been all over southern Germany/France/Switz/Austr. Freiburg is my favorite, has a super cool vibe. It borders the Black Forest and France. Neat little canals vein their way through each & every street you can dip your feet in to cool off. There is one that is just minutes from town(southside near the college).

You mean you've played courses all over the area or just been there???

If you've played courses, write reviews! Being the only person that's actively writing reviews in Germany isn't that much fun.

If not, :hfive: for Germany! :)

FINALLLY HOME!!!!!!!

I"m finally HOME!!!! This Saturday I'm planning on playing out at Osterpark-Russelsheim and Dormstadt. If anyone cares to join, send me a private message i'll give you my cell # WOOHOO!

I"m finally HOME!!!! This Saturday I'm planning on playing out at Osterpark-Russelsheim and Dormstadt. If anyone cares to join, send me a private message i'll give you my cell # WOOHOO!

You'll be in Darmstadt before me! Make sure to get reviews written!