• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discmachine

Most likely not b/c I like to check the dome, PLH & weight of a disc before I buy it. Also wouldn't like the fact I couldn't get the color I want. Cool idea but I feel like they mold & weight options wouldn't be that great.

Most likely not b/c I like to check the dome, PLH & weight of a disc before I buy it. Also wouldn't like the fact I couldn't get the color I want. Cool idea but I feel like they mold & weight options wouldn't be that great.

Agreed

Now, if it was a vending machine that dispensed an icy cold post round beer, then I would be in.

Someone will ruin this. Its a kool idea but it will be vandalized very quickly. You already see what happens to our tee-signs and baskets. Give those kids all nite to bash at the machine, its security wont hold up.

Hate to be negative but its just reality unfortunetely. Its a kool idea though.

Now, if it was a vending machine that dispensed an icy cold post round beer, then I would be in.

That sounds like a great idea if it could somehow check I.D's

Someone will ruin this. Its a kool idea but it will be vandalized very quickly. You already see what happens to our tee-signs and baskets. Give those kids all nite to bash at the machine, its security wont hold up.

Hate to be negative but its just reality unfortunetely. Its a kool idea though.

I agree that there would be some people that would try to steal the discs outta it but saying "kids" will do it is stereotypical. I know many adults that would do stupid s**t like that & even worse stuff.

Something tells me that anyone invested enough to actively participate on a DG forum probably isn't their target audience.

I think it's a great idea. For someone new to the game, they might not know where to acquire discs to play. Having a vending machine readily available at the course is a quick and easy solution.

Id buy from one. Truthfully I would buy tons of discs from one, for the sheer fact there aren't any stores near me that actually sell discs that arent DX. I wonder what the real interest is on these from course owners though?

I do not think that the members here that post in the forums are a good focus group to ask about buying from machines. Buying from a machine would be 'uncool'.

..that said, if I had a machine to stock, I would fill with common putters like aviar, challenger, magnet, and wizard.. a couple mids like buzzz and roc.. then fill the rest with common fairways like tee-bird, glide, river.. no high speed drivers at all and certainly nothing exotic.

I do not think that the members here that post in the forums are a good focus group to ask about buying from machines. Buying from a machine would be 'uncool'.

..that said, if I had a machine to stock, I would fill with common putters like aviar, challenger, magnet, and wizard.. a couple mids like buzzz and roc.. then fill the rest with common fairways like tee-bird, glide, river.. no high speed drivers at all and certainly nothing exotic.

and all the fairway drivers would be light? Would manufacturers then have to make "Vending machine" batches (i.e. discs made specifically for these machines)? Or is it luck of the draw on weights in these machines?

and all the fairway drivers would be light? Would manufacturers then have to make "Vending machine" batches (i.e. discs made specifically for these machines)? Or is it luck of the draw on weights in these machines?

I do not think most people on a DG course factor factor disc weight. Might as well carry just near max to max weight as that seems to be most of every companies production.

"vending batches" ? No. To much hassle as disc golf is a niche activity

It is not about being uncool. It is about being more experienced and knowing what plastic type, weight, color, domey or flat, stiff or flexible you want in a disc. These you will not get from a vending machine. Some of these cannot be determined through the window on the machine. It may not be important to noobs but if you have played for a while, you want to know.

By the way, I have 2 or 3 of every mold in my bag or backup box, so a machine like this useless to me. I don't see anyone coming across this machine wanting to try disc golf buying 1 disc, with no explanation what it does, wanting to spend $12-16 to try the sport. You had better stock it with some $7.00 discs if that is the market you are going for.

It would definetly be better if you could select some options for your disc. Perhaps only offer 3-4 discs at a time, in multiple selectable weights/plastics. You couldn't cover the whole spectrum, but you could have some choice in the matter.

this seems like a good concept..... definitely needs work and more info around here that front glass would be gone at the disc course in a week due to people who don't see the convenience and cost to operate something like that. i would definitely want to see the disc more thoroughly the flight plate the rim the weight .... if it were to get really windy or something though i could see myself buying a cheapo that i wouldnt mind losing in a tree

There was a huge thread about this. A member on here started the venture with family I believe.

I'm pretty sure someone linked the thread back in the first page.