• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Discmania PD2 Reinvented 2024

seedlings

* Ace Member *
The Sky Stone in the recent mystery box is a swirly s-line PD2. Rumored to be violently overstable (Casey White), will it be the wind fighter we've been waiting for in the new DM lineup?

The most OS driver in my bag (I can only throw 400' ish) is a golden Cloudbreaker that I only use in headwinds. Well, in violent gusts last week, she flipped up, and over, and didn't return. I was in shock. So, I now have a Sky Stone PD2 in the mail for that slot.

If you've thrown one, check in here.

I still have a few Innova made PD2 in my stash, and I can pretty much guarantee that this won't be more overstable than the Luster PD2 run I have. But it is a gap that's lingered in their lineup, so hopefully it will be what you are looking for.

I have a small stack of gold-rim, bottom-stamp Cloudbreakers. One of them is super domey and insanely overstable; somewhere between a Splice and an FD3. I'm curious to see how that domey one compares to the PD2.

I have a small stack of gold-rim, bottom-stamp Cloudbreakers. One of them is super domey and insanely overstable; somewhere between a Splice and an FD3. I'm curious to see how that domey one compares to the PD2.
I have two goldens from the initial drop. One is pop top, the other has slightly less dome. Same wing heights. The one with less dome will hold a forceover a bit longer. The more domey one is/was my most OS. If you watched Casey white videos, his Sky stones were as domey as it gets.

i was always amazed at how those old school DM/Innova pros could throw C-Line PD2's so far.

we had a local innova pro here almost a decade ago who would break out his C PD2 and let us normal arms try and throw it and it was always laughable at how OS they were.

I was throwing backhands with my wrist way above my shoulder and it would still flex out before 250ft (I had 350ft of power with fresh star destroyers).

seeing the local pros like brinster throw 400+ft with those C-PD2's back in the day was a sight to behold.

i was always amazed at how those old school DM/Innova pros could throw C-Line PD2's so far.

we had a local innova pro here almost a decade ago who would break out his C PD2 and let us normal arms try and throw it and it was always laughable at how OS they were.

I was throwing backhands with my wrist way above my shoulder and it would still flex out before 250ft (I had 350ft of power with fresh star destroyers).

seeing the local pros like brinster throw 400+ft with those C-PD2's back in the day was a sight to behold.
I never found much difference between Destroyers and PD2s except that the Destroyer was less consistent with its overstability. I've got an Innova molded C-PD2 and I could probably substitute it in for my Force and be just fine, or use a Halo Destroyer and there'd be no difference.

Latest posts