• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Great Lakes Open - May 31st - June 2nd

lol maybe I will, but what I mean by maybe is the guy running it hasnt contacted me about it yet and its tomorrow. Just figured I would have heard something by now....

lol maybe I will, but what I mean by maybe is the guy running it hasnt contacted me about it yet and its tomorrow. Just figured I would have heard something by now....

They probably are not going to call all of the individual spotters, as they are super busy running an NT. That is awesome that you are doing it though, and I'm sure they will be appreciative of it when you show up tomorrow morning ready to spot.

I hope to make it out there to watch some action on Sunday.

T-storms starting to form in southern MI. I bet those early morning tee times are done complaining and happy about it now..

One thing I noticed while looking at the tournament schedule today.

By virtue of your last name you can be carded with;

Leiveska
Locastro

or

McBeth
McCabe

Anyone else notice any other "cool" groupings?

I only noticed because a good friend of mine has a "Mc" name lol.

I'd be playing with McCabe and McBeth! Anyone know how anyone did or is doing or may do? Stuck at work with discs on the mind... ;)

They probably are not going to call all of the individual spotters, as they are super busy running an NT. That is awesome that you are doing it though, and I'm sure they will be appreciative of it when you show up tomorrow morning ready to spot.

T-storms starting to form in southern MI. I bet those early morning tee times are done complaining and happy about it now..

I thought it would be interesting to try.....

Thats the problem though I don't know where to be or when yet, haven't seen anything. I hit him up on facebook though so he should let me know....

I thought it would be interesting to try.....

Thats the problem though I don't know where to be or when yet, haven't seen anything. I hit him up on facebook though so he should let me know....

My guess - Tournament Central (pavilion near hole 1) at 7:30am when the first card tees off. Although you could probably be bit later and get a higher numbered hole to spot on.

Oh hey, just found this:
http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/2013_Discraft_Great_Lakes_Open_PRO_NT_SPOTTERS_NEEDED

currently pouring at Kensington :(
Early tee times will have had a significant advantage - beuatitiful uo until a whaile ago.

i wonder why they changed the grouping's from ratings to alphabetical?

From the '13 DGLO website:

"Fri May 31:
-divisional tee order: MPO, MPM, MPG, FPO
-players will tee in order of highest rating, lowest PDGA number breaks ties"

My guess - Tournament Central (pavilion near hole 1) at 7:30am when the first card tees off. Although you could probably be bit later and get a higher numbered hole to spot on.

Oh hey, just found this:
http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/2013_Discraft_Great_Lakes_Open_PRO_NT_SPOTTERS_NEEDED

Yeah I was looking at that. Hes telling people to show up at 8, so if I don't hear anything I'll just plan to be there then and if he needs me he needs me, if not then I'll go watch....I'm pretty sure he will need me though....seems kind of line one of those we will take all we can get kind of things..either that or a lot of people don't want to volunteer for this kind of stuff...I don't know why it seems kind of cool to me...should be fun....

Yeah I was looking at that. Hes telling people to show up at 8, so if I don't hear anything I'll just plan to be there then and if he needs me he needs me, if not then I'll go watch....I'm pretty sure he will need me though....seems kind of line one of those we will take all we can get kind of things..either that or a lot of people don't want to volunteer for this kind of stuff...I don't know why it seems kind of cool to me...should be fun....

I know a few people who volunteered today but signed up to play in the AM tourney at Hudson Mills over the weekend. So I think you are correct, they will take all the help they can get especially over the weekend. Kudos to you for helping out! :thmbup:

I know a few people who volunteered today but signed up to play in the AM tourney at Hudson Mills over the weekend. So I think you are correct, they will take all the help they can get especially over the weekend. Kudos to you for helping out! :thmbup:

Yeah, I just hope this friggin rain stops...its been doing it all week and I'm sick of it....I really don't want to be standing around in 80 degree weather wearing rain gear.....

Latest posts