• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Nuke reviews/thoughts

discgolf757

Par Member
I have been wanting to buy a Nuke for a while now, and I am wondering, how does it fly, what is it comparable to, how does it compare toe the Force (which I have). thanks!

i throw a 165 ,171 ,174 and love it , its nothing like a force . to me its a fast strait driver , great disc for people that have a cannon

It's a long bomber disc that could add distance to your game. I love it, although I only use it two or three times a round when playing our local courses.

Amazingly long driver. I have times where I turn it over but I use it as a straight driver with a hyzer finish. I'm still amazed how far it goes every time I throw it.

I'm an Innova guy who has fallen in love with the Nuke. I use it almost as much as my Wraith and love the distance I get from it. Highly recommend.

IT IS THE BEST DISTANCE DISC I HAVE EVER THROWN. I HAVE THROWN IT 20 TIMES AND IT HAS ACED EVERY TIME I HAVE THROWN IT.

I was finally able to get my hands on a Nuke this week. Feels like a Boss in the hand, except the ESP plastic is grippier and floppier.

Mine flies similar to a Boss, but with a touch more turn. I'd rate it -1 HSS lower than a Boss.

I'm not sure if it's going to make my bag or not.

Not to thread jack but how does an Nuke handheld in a head wind?

its not too reliable in a headwind, carry an xcal, or force or something along those lines for those situations IMO. But i would have to agree with most, its a great disc, will be interesting to see how they fly in a Z plastic

Amazing disc, I've hit the basket twice with it now. One with a hard hyzer and another with a monster turnover shot. If you can turn it over, you're looking at 300 minimum, but most likely it will be in the 350-400 ft. Range. I throw it mainly RHBH, but I have thrown it out to 370 RHFH. It always goes 30-40 feet more than I thought it did when I pick it up. I only have 1 - a 174.

I am a huge fan of the katana. I like the nuke but for me it tends to fade hard left more than the katana and the nuke is not quite as long as the katana. I would compare the esp nuke to my champion wraith with a little harder turn.

I've been throwing Bosses since they came out and love them. My go to for big open shots is a 167 Star (starlight) Boss. I also love my 175 Pro Bosses which are not quite as stable. I decided to try a Nuke yesterday to compare it to a Boss so I picked up a 169 ESP. The Nuke flies almost exactly the same as a pro Boss but goes at least 20' further and does not have quite as much low speed stability so it finishers straighter. One really cool thing about the nuke and may be what helps it fly farther than a boss is the fact that it has no raised lettering of any kind on the underside. It is perfectly smooth. The inside corner of the rim is smooth as well which helps it come out of the hand better. Looks like my mixed bag just got one less Innova and one more Discraft.

I also picked up a new Champ Katana as well. It is not even in the same category as a Boss/Nuke. The Katana can easily be turned over making it more of a specialty disc for me...more like a Monarch.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14994

38 pages of nuke talk. Essential most are more stable than Katanas, less stable than bosses.

You forgot to mention that the plastic sucks for durability...Closer to X or Pro than ESP/Star. And its WEIRD. Yesterday my friend got a Nuke back that had been in the water for a couple of weeks. It changed while in there...The dome came up higher than I've ever seen in a disc and felt super mushy, like you could easily put your finger through it. It also gained 5 grams...I know plastic is hygroscopic (absorbs water), but this is ridiculous. Side effect of using adulterants to make the plastic less dense, hence it can weigh up with that huge wing.

Latest posts