• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Reaper

Peter S

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
My favorite was the Discraft Reaper. Curse the day someone decided to stop production. When Innova puts out a new line that is faster then previous they just re-class discs. Anyone recall when the Teebird said maximum distance driver.

Can Discraft please bring back the reaper and just call it a distance driver instead of maximum distance driver.

I second the motion. Reaper was my favorite disc. I lost my last one at a course about an hour and a half from my house. Upon getting home, I got a phone call saying that they had found my disc. Thinking I could just buy/order another I told them thanks for the call and that they could keep it. That weekend I began my search for another, slowly figuring out that Discraft had discontinued them. I didn't keep the folks number who had found my disc either, or I would have just sucked it up and made the drive.

In my opinion, there isn't another disc like it on the market, why take it out of production? Bring it back I declare!

I also threw Reapers a lot. I used to carry 3 in my bag all the time. I have recently taken them out of my bag because I know I can't find replacements. I would also like to see these come back into production.

loved the reaper as well is one of my favorite fh discs. the x2 xtra and storm were other quality disc i wish discraft would bring back.

Been FOREVER since I've seen a Reaper. I never threw one, I don't think. Wasn't it similar to a Banshee? A little longer, if I recall correctly...

Discraft OOP's discs that don't sell, and overstable drivers must not sell becasue the Cyclone 2, X-Clone, X2, Xtra, Xtreme, Talon and Reaper were all good golf discs. The bottom line is that they stopped selling, 'cause they would still sell them otherwise.

Haven't consistently thrown discraft sice my main discs were talon, reaper, and wildcat, and xl. Those were good days then they got rid of them all except xl but u know what I mean.

I will always have a soft spot for Reapers. I eventually replaced Reapers with Preds, but I will always look back fondly on the memories I shared with my first reaper. I had it so long, and beat it in so well, it was a thing of beauty.

Then I lost it in about a 2x2' bush in the middle of a fairway. It just disappeared in that thing. We shook it, bent back every branch, never found it. We scoured the area like it was a missing child, and no trace. Disc gnomes.

Do you break them out for special rounds? open courses with no chance to loose them? I do.

I wasn't around for the good ole days but have a Z reaper that I won in an ebay lot. Absolutely love the thing! It battled with my banshee for a place in my bag for a long time. I don't currently throw it but I don't throw a banshee anymore either.

Why would anyone kill a disc with such a badass name?! At the least they could have made a new disc out of it like Innova did with the Beast.

I love the Reaper! Or is it fear the Reaper?

I have a stack of Z that I have on reserve. I may need to paw through them and find the stable ones :)

I have 3 in my bag now hands down best FH disc there is IMO

False. The correct answer is the Volt. LOL.

Discraft should do a Factory Store like Innova does. I bet they could sell a buttload of small runs of things like Reapers, X-Clones...hell, even the Shadow would probably sell. Lets do it, Discraft!

Watch the price of Reapers on ebay and tell me there no market. I've paid big time to acquire the 20 I have. To me the mantis looks close but only have super light to test against,any thoughts ?