• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Tour Series Discs 2017

Emoney

* Ace Member *
Figured we could use a thread for the discraft tour series plastic. Thrasher/Buzzz/Comet/Crank.

What do you like or dont like about them?

Maybe post pics of the diff color combos?

How do they fly?

I bought 2 Nate Doss Buzzz and they are beautiful. I have a (White) Tim Barham Crank on the way as well.

I wont be able to throw mine for a while so im curious how they compare to stock. I love the stamps on Val and Nates.
MJ and Tims leave alot to be desired and im disappointed with discraft for not coming up with a better stamp for them.

I am also not a fan of all the black/smoke discs i have seen. They look great but will someone be bold enough to toss them?
The plastics seem to feel and look great though.

(Sry about the pics, it was between sideways or really big....went with sideways)

Attachments

• 20170607_212509.jpg
    20170607_212509.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 20170607_212650.jpg
    20170607_212650.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 103
I really like the Grey Tim Barham Crank, just the look of it. However, I almost only ever use my crank as a thumber/tomahawk disc, so chances of me buying one of these is slim

Here's a picture of my two MJ Comets (ignore the others in the pic)

attachment.php

So far I've only thrown the pink one. It's hard to tell from this picture, but it is pearly with a little bit of speckle. I'm holding onto the Blue sparkly one for now. As for flight, it's more overstable than my only Z Comet, but quite a bit less overstable than my max weight Ti. Good thrower and we'll see how it seasons.

And here's a picture of some Nate Doss Buzzz's courtesy of F. Howl:

attachment.php

I'd love to see some of the Cranks. I saw a black one on Infinite that looked really pretty but also lose-able. I'm more curious how they turned out stability-wise.

That pink comet is sick. Love it when the stamp has matching colors to the plastic. Just makes it POP.

That pink comet is sick. Love it when the stamp has matching colors to the plastic. Just makes it POP.

Same. I also like when they're close in the same spectrum but equally bright (like a hot pink disc with a dayglow orange stamp) so there's little contrast. Gives off an illusory motion that almost hurts to look at too long. But I guess that's the opposite of the stamp popping.....seems I like extremes. (I am a kid of the 90's after all and have consumed my fair share of Doritos and Mt. Dew.)

Haven't thrown my Tour Series yet. Have a pair of Z's from just last year that are still holding it down. The Z feels the same to me. Grip. Rigidity. No dome or puddle (not that I've ever seen a puddle top Buzzz, but I heard some early Ti runs had a few). I'm sure they'll fly perfectly Buzzz-like.

Screw it. I was trying to hold out and keep them fresh for the cycle, but I'm throwing them at my weekly tonight. Almost a shame to ink...

Attachments

• 20170531_083855.jpg
    20170531_083855.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 71
Screw it. I was trying to hold out and keep them fresh for the cycle, but I'm throwing them at my weekly tonight. Almost a shame to ink...

I feel ya. I hate when a disc is so pretty that it makes me nervous to throw it. Once you get that first throw out the way, the nerves relax a little. I feel like these will be around a while, so i will prolly get a few backups when i get the extra funds.

With discraft releasing these AFTER innova came out with theirs, i was hoping for something more unique.
If they put a sick stamp on those buzzz and said "we molded these up extra flat per nate doss request", they would be selling like hot cakes.

Instead, they just tweaked the stock stamp a little and used 3 diff visual additives to the existing Z plastic. Maybe they will learn from this and tailor make these to each pro next year.

Alot of what made those sexton firebirds sell so well is that sexton actually throws them (and he seems like a cool cat).Its a win/win for the player and company.

Talking to Tim Barham, he stated that these signature releases are Z plastic with a small amount of TI added in resulting in a slightly gummier feel and very mild pearl/sparkle/visual variance. I like the feel, but don't throw much Discraft anymore. I might pick up a couple of the Doss family's sig discs to support Nate and Val and I'll definitely grab a Barham just to throw some support to a great local guy.

Austin Turner's absence from the selection seemed surprising to me. I wonder if they're thinking about a new mold like the Punisher...

Nate, Val, MJ, and Tim are on the Elite Team. Austin is in the next tier--Tour Team. He was throwing the Machete at the Utah Open, though.

Threw mine today on lunch break. In the heat of the sun I definitely felt the increased grip/gumminess. Still rigid enough for my liking though. In the sun I can see some of the glitter dust that I've seen in some of the new Z Flx. Can't be seen indoors.

Flight is perfect. Nice and stable. Picking up another two after today's test.

Are TI's the most stable plastic for comets? I've had some great z's closer to an Ontario roc and some that are flipped out if the box. And yes I know how to throw them properly.

Just got my Barham Crank and i have to take back my disappointment with the stamp.
It finally clicked for me that discraft went with a simple minimal stamp to really showcase how beautiful this plastic is.
Tons of pearl, specs of glitter. It really stands out in the sun. I will take a pic shortly of my Crank (ha). Stand by

Can anyone comment on the flight of the Buzzz and/or Crank from this run? I see lots of comments on the plastic and stamp but not the flight. Thanks