• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs in trees.

If we had trees like that one,it'd be time to get a helper monkey.

Even a monkey would be like..........

media_httpfarm5static_Ficgi.jpg.scaled500.jpg

Sticks and stones may break some bones, but there also quite handy and getting discs out of trees. You guys got some crazy looking trees out there, but this has always worked for me in a pinch.

My weapon of choice is a golfball. Takes up little room in the bag and works every time.

THIS!

i can't believe anyone is advocating using another disc to retrieve one. why the hell do you think your disc got stuck up there in the first place????

that being said, slingshot + those bouncy balls you can get from a vending machine for a quarter. enough mass to knock the disc down, soft enough to not cause damage.

Can't believe it took three pags for this idea to turn up. There's a guy that hangs around the 25th tee at Delaveaga and harvests discs thrown off the Top of the World that are stuck in the tree canopy with a slingshot.

Anyone I know that's carried a sling shot in their bag had the bands snap in a few months. Not very durable and hard to aim. I'm holding out for good news from the air soft gun.

i carry a small sling shot in my bag for this reason. i don't pull it back all the way as to not damage the disc but this works without wearing out your arm throwing. just a thought.

Photos of the captured disc are usually pretty helpful in getting realistic suggestions for retrieving the wayward plastic (instead of "take off your skirt and climb it" BS).

If nothing else works, then I agree with NothinButChing

a monkey would be best

Tie a short, heavy branch to a rope. Try to throw it up and over where your disc is. When you pull it down, it should rake the disc out. Won't work it it's REALLY high and you can't get the branch up there.

I have gotten mine out of trees by taking a very long piece of roap, depending on hoe high it is, then tie something heavy on one end. I used some lead fishing weights. You try to nock the disc off with it or get the rope over the branch then pull it over the branch twoards the disc so that when the weight comes off the branch it nocks it down. A baseball or a football would also work good. I got about 3 of my discs out of a tree one time doing the rope idea.

oh, someone had that idea...

We went out today and tried the slingshot/bouncy ball method. it almost worked, we his the branch right under it multiple times and hit it once, but it wasnt enough. This tree is an absolute monster! It ate 4 bouncy balls, the disc we're trying to get down, a broomball, and a hockey puck. We would have tried longer but its classic minnesota out there right now. single digit temps, windy, and snowing.

I carry a softball that I found at Hornets Nest in my bag.... well actually, sloppydics saw it first but I snagged it before his old @$$ could even start to lumber towards it.

It seems to work the best out of everything I have tried.

Latest posts