• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discs made to celebrate your win?

making your own trophy

• Why not, he kicked butt and deserves a reminder

Votes: 39 75.0%
  • I can't decide - other

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Holy Bragadocious, cocky much?

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The good news is no one would likely want to steal it or throw it... ;)

(but what if he eventually wins 5 World titles. Could eventually be collectible)

it be one thing if he spent $200 and got 20 of them made and handed them out to everyone at the next tournament

but if he wants one for his wall.. who gives a ****?

Both are good guys who played rounds they should be very proud of, I am friends with both and am not trying to insult either, I just wanted to see what the masses thought about making yourself disc trophies.
The result is 100% saying "Go for it!"

not hate'n on you Kevin. infact if you read the thread EVERYONE supports you.
I never heard you got 11th Congrats!

I know you weren't hating on me and thanks for the congrats. I do believe the last 2 weekends of DG may have been the best I've ever had. This winning stuff is fun.

I don't see any difference in dyeing a disc with your finish and winning a trophy. It's not like he's gonna be out on a course throwing it. (but what an intimidator disc that would be)

Is this too much?

My personal opinion is awarding yourself trophies is kinda grandiose. I wouldn't do it. As for your buddy, it's his disc, his money and if that's what he wants and you're willing to do it, it's none of my business other than you asked.

My personal opinion is awarding yourself trophies is kinda grandiose. I wouldn't do it. As for your buddy, it's his disc, his money and if that's what he wants and you're willing to do it, it's none of my business other than you asked.

It's not awarding yourself a trophy. It's making a trophy out of a disc you won.

I don't see it as a trophy. The dyed disc would just serve to commemorate the achievement, just like keeping the ball from your first hit, homerun, no-hitter, touchdown, etc. in any other sport.

If it were me, I'd do it. I think it would be a cool thing to be able to pass on to my son one day.

not hard to stencil dye some words on the backside of a disc or front depending on the plastic im sure he has one from that torny. or maybe a disc that helped him finish -10 instead and dye that

Here is the disc I did for Austin.....

AustinTrophy1.jpg

I think that's cool if your into that sort of thing. Me personally I just dye the names on my disc of people I beat and put a check by it.

I wish I would of done it, but since I use the bag I got for the win it reminds me of that glory all the time. I once shot 12 down the last round to win by one shot when I was down 6 shots going into the final round. Sounds like a fun thing to do.