• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs with a woman's name...

How do you feel about discs with women's names on them?

• I don't care, it's not a factor.

Votes: 252 86.9%
  • I'm more inclined to buy/throw a "girl's disc."

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • I refuse to buy/throw a "girl's disc."

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • I'm less inclined to buy/throw a "guy's disc."

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I refuse to buy/throw a "guy's disc."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm less inclined to buy/throw a "girl's disc."

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • I'm more inclined to buy/throw a "guy's disc."

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
I don't care about a woman's name being on a disc. If it works, it works. I throw Diamonds, drink peach vodka, and bag Lucid Air plastic....you're not gonna hurt my feelings raggin' on me or my stash.

I don't care about a woman's name being on a disc. If it works, it works. I throw Diamonds, drink peach vodka, and bag Lucid Air plastic....you're not gonna hurt my feelings raggin' on me or my stash.

Dude. The diamond has a sick ass rattler on the stamp!!!

f you can keep it from turning and burning more power to you (figuratively speaking, less powered the better of course)...

Polls like these are all well and good, but will not show a true stigma if it exists. Debates of this nature are typically one-sided here due to the sample population.

Anonymous poll is the best I could think of. If you want to call up random people and poll them be my guess.

Anonymous poll is the best I could think of. If you want to call up random people and poll them be my guess.

Not a personal slight, or a slight on the poll question; just one on the population questioned. We're a very biased audience here, and the answers show it.

You could arrange any question(s) regarding Women's disc golf in a poll, and you would receive the same extremely positive responses.

Not a personal slight, or a slight on the poll question; just one on the population questioned. We're a very biased audience here, and the answers show it.

You could arrange any question(s) regarding Women's disc golf in a poll, and you would receive the same extremely positive responses.

No worries. I didn't expect it to be super great anyway but I was hoping the anonymity would embolden takers enough that everyone wouldn't be a white knight. Maybe if I could've disabled comments it would be a little more interesting but whatever. I'm guessing anyone that has access to a computer and disc golfs is evolved enough not to care whose name is on a disc.

Actually, I shouldn't have had a "Don't care option" and forced people to pick a side but people would bitch about that too.

Actually, I shouldn't have had a "Don't care option" and forced people to pick a side but people would bitch about that too.

That would have presented a false choice, and left people to not answer at all.

Honestly, I don't even care about discs with mens names on them.

And now that you ask really I don't want any kind of stamp marring up a beautiful flight plate.

Blank discs rule. If anything, if I really like the person man or woman they can sign the bottom. That would actually mean something.

I considered buying the avery pd's only because they were supposedly a stable version of the PD.

Last edited:
And I also considered the hanna star terns because they were swirly and beautiful. I buy a disc strictly for its performance value and aesthetics.

Only options should have been the ones pretaining to a womens disc and not a males.

I feel some of the options should be
"Did your first purchased disc have a female name on it?"
"Did your first purchased disc have a male name on it?"
"Was your first disc a groove?"
"Did your first purchase have a pros name at all?"

Honestly if I knew how to start a thread I'd make this into one. Someone want to do it for me?

First disc was a DX Eagle. (lost)
Second Disc was a CE Eagle. (lost)
Third Disc was a JK Aviar
Fourth Disc was an 11x Climo Champ Eagle.

I had NO clue who JK or KC was when I was buying those discs. I was way more concerned with the name on my bottle of whiskey when I was in college than I was with the name on my disc. In fact, I still worry more about who rolled my cigar or distilled my scotch than who else throws the same discs I do.

Heck, last year I didn't even know what JK stood for (or Yeti for that matter). (I've only been playing three years). But when I first started, if it had said Julliana Korver, I probably wouldn't have bought it. Things are different now though.

Last edited:
I feel some of the options should be
"Did your first purchased disc have a female name on it?"
"Did your first purchased disc have a male name on it?"
"Was your first disc a groove?"
"Did your first purchase have a pros name at all?"

Honestly if I knew how to start a thread I'd make this into one. Someone want to do it for me?

No.
No.
No.
No.

Given the level of outrage over support for female disc golfers, I'm wondering if a better poll would be to determine how many people buying specific tour and pro-support discs are equally buying male and female pro discs.
How many tour discs have you purchased? Are they all to support male golfers? Are they all to support female golfers? Is it split evenly or unevenly?
I'm guessing a lot of those expressing outrage in other threads jump in on McPro Aviars and Sexton Firebirds and never bothered to order Val's Starfire or a Des Firebird.
Exempting SD86, of course. He's stated many times he perfectly supports female disc golfers.

I have only purchased on tour series disc and that was a Des Reading Firebird. TBH I only purchased it cause it looked awesome. I had no idea who Des Reading was. The only reason I know any pros names is from occasionally highlight videos I have seen, discs and form videos I have watched.

Pretty sure the name on the disc doesn't affect the flight one way or the other but I did just buy a......

s-l225.jpg

At a local disc store, I was just browsing the racks and saw the Feldberg Zero Soft Dagger and picked it up. I loved the grip and feel of it and bought four of them. It was more the feel of the disc that I liked, but I would probably not have picked it up if I hadn't seen Feldberg's name on it as I was not looking for a new putter. That is the only time I can think of where the name may have made a difference.

Pretty sure the name on the disc doesn't affect the flight one way or the other but I did just buy a......

s-l225.jpg

That one is the negative of my blue/white stamp.

You should send it to me so they can fly happily ever after.

Latest posts