• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you rearrange stores' discs?

PMantle1

Eagle Member
I just can't get past it. As soon as I see a disc on the wrong shelf, I go into action. I'm sure the Hastings employees get a kick out of the video. "Look, here comes the disc order freak."

Nukes on every row. Bangers everywhere. I don't know if the employees don't know one from another, or if there are that many customers picking up a disc and not knowing where to set it down.

I'd like to see you in our local PIAS. You'd never be able to leave, as the discs are crushed and crammed into racks in no real order. :lol:

I've saved many discs from warping in supermarkets and general sporting equipment stores. They've had discs in bins in random order several layers deep in whatever position. Some discs were warped before i arrived. In those places i've told the staff that the discs become useless from warping and storing them one layer deep upright helps maintain the discs in new condition. I have not gone that far to arrange discs by group, manufacturer etc. Mostly just putters in one area and the rest elsewhere roughly trying to separate mids from drivers.

I often resist the urge to do so. Sometimes I wonder if I do this at PIAS would I get a free disc? also too time consuming....

Part of the problem at Discraft vendors, I think, is some of the racks have 2 models each. That may be confusing to the stocker. Then, the putters take up so much room. Instead of storing them, they just put them anywhere.

Variety with out organization is chaos.
On my first visit to Marshall Street is was impressed with the variety and depressed with the organization.
After 30 minutes of sorting through my favorite molds, I quit
and decided I was better off petting the German Shepard, Pierre.
IMHO weight is the most important factor in a mold.

Back when I ran events, my CFRs were organized by mold and then by weight.
The noobs would pi$$ me off when they would grab a disc and then shove it back in the bin "where-ever".

The rest of my life is a mess but my discs are organized.
s timm

I just did that yesterday at our mall's Dick's. They only have Innova, but they have enough Aviars and Wraiths to fill a rack each, Enough Beasts to spill over into another rack and another rack taken up by Darts and Grooves. If I could actually find an employee there, I might have told them to try and send some of them back and get some more variety, b/c they had maybe 10 models in the store and several only had 1 or 2.

Oh and hi, first post :)