• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you say Tree Hate? Or is Tree Love Applicable to Hitting Trees in General?

I like this hole...appears to be a big sweeping L to R lane as well as many local routes....elevation and woods and a concrete tee always fun! Nice tee sign as well.....probably one of those 3 one day 5 the next type of holes.

There is a route on the left side. If you have a good forearm shot, its easy to hit. Most of the time I just shoot right down the middle and hope for the best.

Tree Love = good kick off tree
Tree Hate = bad kick into the rough
Treenied = hit a tree early and doesn't get very far from your lie

Tree Love = good kick off tree
Tree Hate = bad kick into the rough
Treenied = hit a tree early and doesn't get very far from your lie

Don't forget the all-important invisitree and my least favorite, the invisibranch.

Never heard any of these...Yeah, I need to get out more. The last of the slop rules that my friends and I still cling to is the '50 foot rule'. Hit a tree close to the tee and that's what someone will say. Essentially, mulligan. Do over. I'd rather keep moving than wait for someone to throw from behind the tee in a horrible lie. Speeds up the round. especially like today when i'm the only one of 5 keeping score.

i say "tree love"

and
"I hear a disc crying".... <- 1 tree could be a $15 mistake.
but tree hate, never.... (i have never heard it in context either.)

"Tree Jail" <- when you are stuck without a forward shot......

in my parts as long as the disc flies forward and we get decent "Penetration" we're all good. :D

"Thank you Treesus!" in an evangelist voice. Heard it on a video once and have been saying it ever since.

"Bad tree!" Like scolding a dog when the bounce doesn't go your way.

I believe any deflection from a tree hit is the tree's attempt to destroy the disc that has hit it. It's purely involuntary reaction. I don't think emotion comes into play.

its tree love or hate around these parts or tree bender, which is what i call my friend who throws discs at trees and still aviods them

trees were here 1st. so i got no hate.

We say "Live by the trees, die by the trees."

We've also thrown around the idea of making a disc with a retractable Japanese Katana blade that would pop out after your throw to cut through those pesky small branches that you never think about, but dramatically change the flight pattern of your disc.