• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you travel (stay overnight) specically to play Disc Golf?

travel overnight to play disc golf...

• Total voters
My brother was down in Santa Barbara for work a couple weeks ago and I crashed in his hotel room for a week of Disc Golf. We played Lake Casitas in Ventura, 2 in Santa Barbara, 2 in Santa Maria, 2 in San Luis Obispo and 1 in Atascadero on the way back to San Jose. Spent the weekend at his place to play the Ace Race in San Jose on Saturday and on Sunday he took me to Black Mouse in Felton which I hadn't played before. We also got some supplies and dyed discs for the first time, which came out quite good. On my way home to LA on Monday I passed through Bakersfield and played 7 courses on the way. It took me 11 hours to get home instead of 5 :p Great DG week!

I haven't taken any overnight trips because my dog is getting too old to handle the stress of more than a round (or two if it's a short course) a day. I have taken a few day trips (on the road by 6AM - heading home once the sun goes over the horizon) to play some out of town courses.

The next trip I take to visit family in VA will hopefully bring Woodshed and Whipping Post on the way there and back, as well as the three Grange courses and Hawk Hollow (if it's open). I also finally have a reason to visit family in Vail when there isn't snow on the ground. These aren't really overnights specifically for disc golf, but...OK, they are.

I haven't yet. I might one of these days. Who knows? I have this thing called a job that keeps me busy 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. Not much travel in my life. I did go to Moab, UT to mountain bike about 10 years ago. That was fun.

I was "technically" visiting my grandparents who live in Gastonia, right outside of Charlotte. I didn't use that as an excuse to play Renny and Hornet's Nest, nope, not at all. *whistles suspiciously*