• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone ever return discs?

On the lost disc thing....I found a Tee-Rex ( second Rex found in 8 days ) thats clearly a couple years old...judging by the Cucuamunga, CA print on the bottom. No name or number. I'm really interested in throwing this fella....The T-Rex has been my primary driver, but nothing in my bag is this old and I am curious about how its gonna fly.... Scientist.

You can write out a dozen defenses of your behavior here, but you can't be an adult and make one selfless post on a lost and found message board?

Because it is impossible. You can't post on the board unless you're an active member. I applied to it over two months ago and haven't been "activated" yet. It isn't actively administered.

You made a reference to a previous post here where you said you keep the beat-in dx plastics but might exert minimal effort and try to return the higher end plastics.

I guess I make a distinction between "might exert minimal effort" and "would probably call"

As for the rest of it, I've said my piece and others have said the same things you are. My opinions and responses haven't changed. Read back if you really feel like refreshing yourself on them.

I left my DX Valk with a "World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend" stamp on it. I am very pissed at my self. I took my second shot, and left the disc on the ground and kept walking. Didn't think about it till I was 40 miles away.:(

I call the number, if no answer or not a good number, then its mine. Yesterday I found a stamped disc, nice one, and called. When the guy answered I learned he was 3 hours away. Since he answered and wanted it back I'll mail it to him. No biggie. Its still his, not mine.

amazing someone that has been playing 10 years doesn't understand much about plastic..

Well there is really only one solution to this problem, someone is going to have to prove to me that "seasoned" plastic flies differently (in a beneficial way). In other words I would need to see it with my own eyes.

i see it and do it daily...i wouldn't trade my beat aviar for 5 new ones...there is no new disc that flies the way it does...same goes for drivers..i play open and not once have i seen an open player with a bag full of brand new plastic..some guys have discs 10 years old and will kick my arse with 'em...i think craigg needs to add his experienced 2 cents...biscoe?

i see it and do it daily...i wouldn't trade my beat aviar for 5 new ones...there is no new disc that flies the way it does...same goes for drivers..i play open and not once have i seen an open player with a bag full of brand new plastic..some guys have discs 10 years old and will kick my arse with 'em...i think craigg needs to add his experienced 2 cents...biscoe?

I've had a few beat discs both used by myself and friends that we've thrown out and went and got new ones. I wonder sometimes if when people mean predictability in a beat disc is them learning to throw the disc as much as the disc being bent, dinged, and mangled to the point of being more or less understable/overstable. People talk about tuning an epic, but nobody ever talks about tuning a normal driver. That is all a tree is doing, slowly but surely bending the edge until the form is different than what you originally paid for.

An example is replacing my star destroyer the other day. Having beat the disc for about a year and a half, I picked up the new one and after throwing it a few times, it feels exactly the same.

An example is replacing my star destroyer the other day. Having beat the disc for about a year and a half, I picked up the new one and after throwing it a few times, it feels exactly the same.

Star plastic is one of the most durable plastics discs are made from. It would be much more realistic to expect a new star disc to fly similar to a year old star disc, as the year old one should be holding up well. Hence the extra cost for a star disc.

Try throwing a brand new DX disc versus a year old beaten DX disc of the same mold, and the differences in flight will noticeable instantly.

variety

Star plastic is one of the most durable plastics discs are made from. It would be much more realistic to expect a new star disc to fly similar to a year old star disc, as the year old one should be holding up well. Hence the extra cost for a star disc.

Try throwing a brand new DX disc versus a year old beaten DX disc of the same mold, and the differences in flight will noticeable instantly.

sorry I might have quoted the wrong person. A DX beat in definitely throws differently. but in this quote

Nobody said anything about "warped" discs. They are describing "seasoned" discs. Discs do not always fly ideally right off the shelf but can get that way with prolonged usage, therefore its not out of line for a player to become attached to a disc that he's spent a lot of sweat equity breaking in. For someone who has been playing for ten years, you sure show a great deal of ignorance about this.

I find that sentence to be untrue. If you pick up a destroyer (we'll go with that one again) and expect it to turn like a sidewinder, Don't beat it on trees for 5 years until it's become understable enough to turn over. Buy a sidewinder. The discs do fly ideally, they fly as they are supposed to fly off the shelf and that's why I don't buy 5 of each disc. I buy one of each and I know from the start they will do what I want them to. Then in the instance I catch a massive wind and it plops into the water, I can go to the store and replace it and throw the next time the same. I just pick a new one up, skip it on the concrete a few times to get a little more grip, then play. So not to add to confusion, I throw mainly star with a lot of champion. I don't have a single dx in my bag.

edit: this might be a good discussion for a new thread altogether

Last edited:
I'm glad somebody is finding consistent plastic off the shelf because I for one cannot always relate the experience. The Star Teebird I mentioned earlier in this thread being one. The fresh never been thrown replacement disc out of the backup box was flippier than the beat in one that I lost. The way I see it, the replacement disc is a TL with Teebird written on it. Both discs are exact in weight. I'm kind of glad someone found and returned the original to me the next day.

Everyonce in a while I see people get their stuff back but not to often

Everyonce in a while I see people get their stuff back but not to often

lol.....roc1time......thread reminder.

Funny how many discs don't get returned, but could. And then there is this "off the shelf" stability gaurentee tangent. Which in my mind is counter-intuitive. Why keep and play with a disc thats been beat found and then expect " off the shelf performance?"

This is my theory too ... it just hasn't worked out that well so far :p

I have lost a few and have yet to receive the call! I have returned one that I have found. I was out of town playing the course and turns out he lived in the area that I was working the following week. He was really happy to get his disc back.

Some guy just contacted me yesterday with one of my lost discs. (That's 2 returned so far...) Turns out he had found like 25-30 and called everyone that had info on their discs.

Latest posts