• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone ever return discs?

After notifying the person whose disc I found, how long am I expected to store it? I spoke to a guy in June, told him where I worked and he has never shown up to get it. Another guy is from out of state and said the next time he visits he will call? WTF? Send me $5 to mail it to you or buy another...

I found a disc about a year ago, and called the number. They guy lived out of state, but said he would be in town the next month. We agreed to meet for a round and for him to get his disc back. I called him a month later and he said he couldn't come down, but he would soon. I called two weeks later, and let a message . No call back. I called again, a week later, and no call back. Its been over a year, and I hadn't hear from the guy, so I traded it off for another disc.

But they do have an address you could send it to. I'm in Mi and the disc was in Fla.
Glad you didn't find it.

x2...i lost my first run boss at hornets nest last november...then about 3 weeks later got a call from a cool dg'er who mailed it back to me...

I've lost about 10 and today I got my first call back. Gonna try to met up with him tomorrow and play a round. He's works repairing roofs and told me he got 17(!) off the roof of a gym and only 3 had name/numbers.

I have lost probably 10 discs and would say I got back 6 or 7 of them. I've found that MOST of our fellow disc golfer's are respectful of their peers and would like the same done to them when they lose a disc, so, most return discs. The only thing I could think of in your case would be were they lost in a common location? The few I havent had returned were when I first started and had a really bad throw and chances are good nobody will throw there again for the next 5 years lol.

I've had 2 returned, and I have 3 where the person called me to say that they found my disc - I call them a few times, leave messages when they don't pick up, and then they keep the disc.

I think courses with pro shops aid in getting discs back to their owners. Last month I gave a call to let someone know I found thier disc and would be leaving it at the shop. About a week later someone called me on one for the first time and I asked them to leave it at the shop. Just one more advantage of a pro shop.

I found a disc about a year ago, and called the number. They guy lived out of state, but said he would be in town the next month. We agreed to meet for a round and for him to get his disc back. I called him a month later and he said he couldn't come down, but he would soon. I called two weeks later, and let a message . No call back. I called again, a week later, and no call back. Its been over a year, and I hadn't hear from the guy, so I traded it off for another disc.

Same thing happend to me! If the guy calls, do i jsut say something like, "sorry i traded it?"

He said he would call me when he was back in town the next day, i waitned till 8:00 pm and called him, no anwer. called again 2-3 times a week for 7 weeks and he never answerd or called back (i left probly 8 voice mails), so i traded it

I couldnt believe it when I saw a group of 4 n00bz hittin the course as me n a buddy were leaving well after sunset ...

We played 9 after 18 cause it takes you back to your car ... ne of the kids drive of 1st was so bad it ended up right next to my drive from 9.

I saw them looking and even said something to effect, they deserve to lose a disc coming out here unprepared when its dark out. Then I get to my disc n there was an Innova Bulldog, which I would love to add to collection since I myself have a bulldog ... anyways, I putted and watched them look a little longer, then felt bad enough to give back THE UNMARKED DISC.

Latest posts