• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone throw vibram

Just FYI on this thread - if you have Vibram from 3 or more years ago it's straight gold on the Facebook collector pages. I'm talking $25-100+ depending on mold/color patterns. If you're real curious post up pics and I can point you in the right direction.

For real? I couldnt give away any vibram discs back in the day. I used all mine I acquired for water discs. Oh well.

Well I'm saying like a full bag that you use year round and is your main disc you are using.

Sorry the project buying a full bag of brand new vibrams to compare to a fairly standard Innova bag wasn't good enough. Although you could say that after all that (and buying about 5-7 more to round out the bag) and playing it about 6 months, I switched back, maybe a little heavier to DiscMania.

I saw pictures of the pond divers and the hundreds of discs they found, pretty awesome they did that. It was sad-funny being the vibram open, and only spotting 1 to 2 discs in the haul...

Maybe all the vibram players at the tournament were just that damn good... Thoughts?

I saw pictures of the pond divers and the hundreds of discs they found, pretty awesome they did that. It was sad-funny being the vibram open, and only spotting 1 to 2 discs in the haul...

Maybe all the vibram players at the tournament were just that damn good... Thoughts?

My thoughts were that I would have been freezing sitting in that water all day like he was.

I love my VP for upshots. Drops and stays where it is, hardly any roll.

The Olace, Ascent, Ibex, and Ridge have been in and out of my bag for the last several years. Right now, I am only carrying the Ibex.

ibex is the only one in the bag year round. when it snows or is wet out the lace and trak get put in. medium has pretty good grip when wet and/or cold.

Just FYI on this thread - if you have Vibram from 3 or more years ago it's straight gold on the Facebook collector pages. I'm talking $25-100+ depending on mold/color patterns. If you're real curious post up pics and I can point you in the right direction.

Oh yeah? I wonder what my black 1st run Summit would bring? I hadn't realized I had lost it until I found it under where my broken down car used to be. Hauled off the car, found a disc I lost for months to a year, lol. Still looks like how I remember it though, credit to Vibram durability. :thmbup:

I found a few used a few months ago, and picked up an O-Lace and an Unlace (there was a Lace, but the color would have blended right in around here). I'm still trying them. The O-Lace is a short term replacement for the Resistor that went into water, and is mainly for headwinds and severe hooks, which I haven't had much of lately. The Unlace is very flippy, a lot of turn. I am still working with it as a hyzer flip disc, but even BH it needs a lot of hyzer (it is beat up a bit).

I love the Lace and would throw as my primary RHBH driver but it breaks in too easily and the break-ins aren't predictable like most discs. Also liked it for tomahawks but same problem.

Used to use a Ridge putter but then they changed the mold while keeping the same name (stupid) and I didn't like the newer mold.

Discs also chip/beat in very quickly.

Overall I would play with a lot of Vibram if they were reliable, but they are not unfortunately. At least IMO.

When I got back into disc golf after a ten hiatus (2011) I attended a Vibram Birdie Dash and thought their discs were so much neater than my collection of Lightning, Discraft, and Innova discs from the late 90's. I believed the advertising that they would last forever, they didn't. They wore in like any other disc and were not worth the $20 price tag IMHO.

Nonetheless, I liked the Ascent and Summit. The Unlace had its uses for me as I was learning how to throw. The concept, the rubber, the molds were not bad. If they cost the same as Big Z or G Star discs then maybe I would have some in the mix still.

I've found them to be very durable. I use some in the winter-especially good if there is any snow on the ground. Their glow discs are the best by a long margin.

Discs also chip/beat in very quickly.

Overall I would play with a lot of Vibram if they were reliable, but they are not unfortunately. At least IMO.

That's funny bc normally the one thing everyone says is a positive is that they are super durable, even if they don't like the molds. I used to throw a decent amount and always found them to take a beating very well.

Ive carried VPs in the bag for at least a couple of years now, the best all weather approach/short drive disc. When its pouring down and every other disc in my bag is being shanked all over the county, I can at least trust the VP to land near the basket for the par save.

Edited: Just noticed my 420th post came in a Vibram thread, heh.

Last edited:
Oh yeah? I wonder what my black 1st run Summit would bring? I hadn't realized I had lost it until I found it under where my broken down car used to be. Hauled off the car, found a disc I lost for months to a year, lol. Still looks like how I remember it though, credit to Vibram durability. :thmbup:

A lot!

When I got back into disc golf after a ten hiatus (2011) I attended a Vibram Birdie Dash and thought their discs were so much neater than my collection of Lightning, Discraft, and Innova discs from the late 90's. I believed the advertising that they would last forever, they didn't. They wore in like any other disc and were not worth the $20 price tag IMHO.

Nonetheless, I liked the Ascent and Summit. The Unlace had its uses for me as I was learning how to throw. The concept, the rubber, the molds were not bad. If they cost the same as Big Z or G Star discs then maybe I would have some in the mix still.

The vibram price are about the same as any other disc. Any innova I bought has been 17-19 bucks same with a big z and g star but that also could be where I live and the pro shop at my course

I really liked them for a time. But I didn't see them making the moves to really establish a line. Or to invest in exploring what a non plastic material would look like in disc golf.

This must be said to their credit. They are a much bigger company than anything in DG and discs were probably a pet project for them. It is awesome that they have even tried. They put on one of the best tournaments in DG and I prefer Vibram's other products to a lot of their competitors.

The reality is they have bigger fish to fry.

Last edited:
That's funny bc normally the one thing everyone says is a positive is that they are super durable, even if they don't like the molds. I used to throw a decent amount and always found them to take a beating very well.

Agreed. I've owned several VPs for a couple years now. That is my main putting putter. I also throw it off the tee a decent amount on short holes. There is no damage that can be found anywhere on these discs, and I seem to find lots of trees. They are just a little dirtier than when i originally bought them, but the same otherwise.