• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does it count?

Does it count ?

• Yes

Votes: 45 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 62.2%

• Total voters
As long as no one touched/breathed on it. I would think it counts.

Doesn't count. Disc was at rest for too long. Once a disc is at rest on the target or playing surface, its position is fixed there even if later it moves or gets moved. 803.07B.

Doesn't count. Disc was at rest for too long. Once a disc is at rest on the target or playing surface, its position is fixed there even if later it moves or gets moved. 803.07B.

Correct.

This doesn't count.

This is the same thing as a player accidently kicking his disc / mini when approaching his lie or a spectator / someone in the park moving a disc.

The only reason this was questioned was because it went in.

The only reason this was questioned was because it went in.
That's funny.....i didn't see you there.

The only reason it was questioned was to see if anyone caught WHY it didn't count. Kinda like video trivia.

After Todd to a reasonable amount of time to arrive at his lie, he marked it, thus declaring it "at rest" and any movement afterwards was meaningless.

Of course, the player isn't the primary person to declare a disc at rest. It's the playing group or an official that makes that determination.

But if the disc continually moved, albeit very VERY slowly, is it, by definition, at rest?

discs continually move when floating on casual water but must be called at rest at some point.

if i were in the group i would certainly vote that the disc was sitting on top of the basket long enough to be considered at rest.

Although it doesn't count in a tourney, if one of my friends had this happen to them during a casual round, I would allow it to count.

But if the disc continually moved, albeit very VERY slowly, is it, by definition, at rest?

By this logic, you need to reduce the temperature of your disc to absolute zero after every throw or it doesn't count. I don't know about you but I don't feel that it should require a feat worthy of a Nobel Prize to hole out...:D

This falls in the same stupid category as a disc wedged in the cage. If you didn't see it happen it counts. (The rules really need to be cleaned up here.) Since the player had already marked it, it was deemed at rest and doesn't count.

Back when wedges counted, there was a large crowd that claimed you need to run up and grab the wedged disc by the theory that if it popped out it didn't count. That same crowd would need to count this one.

No good. Gravity and wind pushed it into the basket, not the thrower's power.

lol As soon as you let go of the disc isn't it all gravity and wind?

If the disc was still moving, which it was.........it should be allowed. I mean if the disc was at rest it would not of moved.

lol As soon as you let go of the disc isn't it all gravity and wind?

If the disc was still moving, which it was.........it should be allowed. I mean if the disc was at rest it would not of moved.

Was it moving perceptibly until it fell in, or was the "oozing" slower than you could see with the naked eye? I couldn't tell, of course, because of the awful quality of the recording.

Latest posts