• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Double loop" chain for practice baskets?

Vance in AK

Has anyone used "Double Loop" chain on practice baskets?
If not I'm assuming it's tough on discs?
Normal #2 chain here is $1.00 a foot in rolls of 40'. The twist link is about $.45.

Attachments

• IMAG0890.jpg
    IMAG0890.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 96
yes it will scratch your discs

All you need is a target and a catcher. I think that would spit out good shots. When you are practicing it is more to create muscle memory. You can practice through a picture frame hanging from a tree limb or some tape on a tree. The cheap stuff will probably be sufficient. If you are making a home course, go with 2/0 chain like all the catchers out there.

I added some chain like that as inners on my home basket (sick of blowing right through the chains) and I haven't noticed any additional damage to my discs.

It is much lighter weight than the outer chains, but does the trick for what I needed.

Spend the extra 8 bucks

Actually it's an extra $50. I'm building two baskets & figure each one will need about 48' of chain.
That said, I think I agree it's worth getting the good chain & doing it right the 1st time.
I have everything else I need. The ends from poly drums for baskets, wheelchair wheels for the tops. Bases are car wheels that have upright pipe welded in the centers that used to serve a different purpose but will be recycled for a better purpose now!
Even with the good chain I'll only have about $125 in 2 nice baskets.
Thanks for the input guys!

If you are trying to save money and these will not be permanently placed outside you could go with the rope and hose "Quite Chains". They catch really well.

Latest posts