• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Drive adjustments after becoming stronger...

prettyboyfloyd

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I started doing crossfit about two months ago and I am both stronger and in better shape.

I have now also went from throwing accurate decent drives to now flipping most of my discs.

I know the flipping comes from strong arming and doubt that my discs all got understable on me that quick.

Does anyone have experience with this? What type of adjustments would I have to make?

slow down your throw, and really focus on the plane that you pull the disc across right before you throw it. Im sure there are many other things to consider, but keeping that idea in mind has helped me find clean releases.

Make sure you are not making some form mistakes. Possible your new found strength has put new speed into your throw. Start making a move to a couple higher speed, more stable disc choices. Work with them for a while and see how things go. Sometimes a move to a different plastic in your favorite disc is enough. Good luck and with some practice, that strength could impact your scores.

Latest posts