• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

driving grips what do you use?

What, no love for bonapane?

Here are my grip choices:

Drivers: Modified power grip
Midranges and putters: Fork grip
Putts: Fan gripish grip

3 finger power grip for hard throws (distance drives, hyzer to turnover stuff)
Modified fan grip for everything else

Switched to the power grip for distance. I get looooong now.

Still doing the stupid 3 finger for anything under 250 though. Need to get comfortable 4 fingering a Roc and Wizard.

Power grip for distance drivers and Predators (that is a fat feeling 1.9cm rim).

Climo grip for other drivers.

Birdie grip for mids, putter drives, upshots, and putts.

I still haven't found a good feeling grip for my Valkyries, those things slip out of my hand more than anything else. The rim shape is just exactly wrong for my hands, or something.

Climo grip on drivers.

For mids, the same, but with adjusted fingers and pressure depending on the shot I need.

Putter drives it's the same. Putting I use a fan grip with most of my fingers off the rim, and my pinky not even on the disc.

Split Power Sidearm
Sidearm Power Stack
Four-Finger Power
Fan Grip (index finger wrapped around the edge)
Fan Grip (index finger on rests on the bottom-edge)

I just remember one thing that Climo tells people. He thinks that you should use the same grip on every shot, or at least as few as possible. He grabs the disc the same for everything from putting to driving.

I use the Climo grip for everything except putting. For putting--instead of my middle finger stacked on my ring stacked on my pinky, I extend my middle in a sort of fan position. My ring is still on my pinky and I'm releasing off my pinky.

discspeed said:
I just remember one thing that Climo tells people. He thinks that you should use the same grip on every shot, or at least as few as possible. He grabs the disc the same for everything from putting to driving.

I use the Climo grip for everything except putting. For putting--instead of my middle finger stacked on my ring stacked on my pinky, I extend my middle in a sort of fan position. My ring is still on my pinky and I'm releasing off my pinky.

Mike, does the Champ still use the Climo grip, and not the modified Power grip?

BLURR said:
I use a Brinster style power grip for most everything. I do use a modified power grip and fan grip for touch putter shots.

What is a Brinster style power grip?