• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driving the Putter

I have made some nice 100ft t0 200ft shots approaching with the Magnet, so that is why I use it for those shots. Its a very predictable discs, and it pretty much goes where you point it.

What is the glide like on the Voodoo?

I've only ever thrown one (It was either SS or SSS), but it was pretty good. Not as good as an Aviar, but good. It was more stable than I expected, though. It really did seem like a worn (but not beat) Wizard.

voodoos seem to have the same if not a lil less glide than the wizards. i say go with a dx aviar. you can find them anywhere (i buy from my neighborhood quikie mart) and they differ with color. the blues are great for putting and whites i like for driving and fairway and upshots. reds are typically stiffer. dx aviars have good glide and go dead straight. good for drives and of course putting, and theyre cheap. cant go wrong.:thmbup:

In regards to driving. The one thing that the Wizard does that can be troublesome (for me), it won't fade left if it gets a little too much Anhyzer. The KC will. As for Aviars, I see no real differences between blue and white in general, as a dealer I have the privilege of going though a box of 80-100 Aviars when an order arrives and picking out my personal stash. From time to time DX plastic changes and can range anywhere from stiff to tacky or soft to slick all in one order. I was a hard core Aviar putter for a long time but have switched and currently PUTT with some soft version of Magics but still carry Aviars for 100-200ft upshots. For putting it's more about the grip and feel, when "throwing" it's about the release and the flight. Like Feldberg the putz says, don't throw your putters or putt your throwers. The cool thing about using putters for throwing is you don't need a big x step, just one step and rip it. Good for old guys with bad knees, feet, back, neck, shoulder.....

voodoos seem to have the same if not a lil less glide than the wizards. i say go with a dx aviar. you can find them anywhere (i buy from my neighborhood quikie mart) and they differ with color. the blues are great for putting and whites i like for driving and fairway and upshots. reds are typically stiffer. dx aviars have good glide and go dead straight. good for drives and of course putting, and theyre cheap. cant go wrong.:thmbup:

I am happy with my Vibram and Magnets, I was just wondering about the Voodoo

What is the glide like on the Voodoo?

The Glide is crazy once worn in. When brand new it flies like a semi beat in Wizard,but man once you get it worn in a bit more this thing has tons of glide for putting. It for sure has more glide than a Aviar putt and approach.

Oh and I don't like Aviars lol. The feel of them are meh in the hand and they fly the same way. I feel the flames a comin. :D

Latest posts