• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Drone vs Pig

_.-Dut-._

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I currently throw a Pro Pig but it has lost all its stability at this point. Was planning to replace it with another Pig but am intrigued by the Drone since it comes in ESP plastic.

From my limited touches with a drone it seems to be the same as a pig just longer range. Has anyone else thrown both? Your experiences with it?

Also how durable is the ESP plastic in comparison to Innovas Pro plastic.

Thanks

Longer than a pig, but more overstable due to the nature of the disc.

The pig is really overstable for a putter, the drone is really overstable for a midrange/short fairway driver.

The pig is a putter- but it can handle more force than many mids! I love my pig, and I never put with it.

You should get a Zone instead of a Drone. The Drone is much longer than the pig whereas the Zone, which comes in ESP, is a putter like the Pig

I'd get an ESP Zone. The Drone is overstable all right but its a mid-range driver. The zone is way slower but just as overstable. You could try a Gator if you wanted.

ive never thrown a Pig. i have thrown a Zone (only putted with never any approaches or drives). the zone putts similar to a Rhyno tho. a Rhyno is a very good approach and windy day putter.

I used to throw a Pro Pig till I got a ESP Zone. They have practically identical flight patterns, but the rim on the Zone is much shallower, which allows for a more natural grip. It doesn't really matter so much backhand, but it feels great with a forehand grip and flies great too. I use it for left turning backhand approaches and right turning forehands.

Awesome, thanks for the replies. Im going to order one to test out.

the pic is almost exactly like the pig!!!!! maybe even better!!! maybe a pig becomes a pic after a couple months when the stamp wears off. lol

Latest posts