• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest thing you've witnessed on the course

Playing a tourney at Giles Run, stuck behind some S-L-O-W playing pros, got to watch one of them throw 6 discs into the briars next to the infamous Hole 16.

What a melt down.

Is he talking about Hysell?

and what the heck is a hatchetman tatoo? is that gang, or gay, or what?

Saw a guy get a disc stuck way up high in a pine tree. Then he and his friends got two more discs stuck in the same tree. Yes, they threw discs at the other disc.
Well, we once threw a disc bag in a tree to free the stuck disc...

and what the heck is a hatchetman tatoo? is that gang, or gay, or what?

Deals with the insane clown posse and juggalos alike. I guess they are technically classified as a gang, but they are pretty scummy people. Just look up a juggalo on google images and you will have your answer

Deals with the insane clown posse and juggalos alike. I guess they are technically classified as a gang, but they are pretty scummy people. Just look up a juggalo on google images and you will have your answer

"They are who we thought they were"

"They are who we thought they were"

more Larpers. After we finished the second round of a tournament (Into the Lions Den 2) we're all standing around waiting to throw CTP. Larpers were going at it right next to HQ. The larpers were already pissy because we stole( read reserved ) their Castle (Pavillion). We all watch them for a little while, throw CTP, and sit back down and wait for the raffle and payout. Our club VP then drives his truck down to pick up the basket being used for CTP. All of a sudden their leader runs up to the truck, screaming. " YOU RAN OVER OUR FIREBALL ARROW! YOU OWE US $20!" and proceeds to call the cops. Imagine that cop trying to keep a straight face... Long story short, nobody bought them a new arrow and they've been asked to move to a part of the park that's out of the way of any current park features (playgrounds, softball fields, disc golf course, etc)

Anyone ever visited a LARP forum? Just wondering if they have a thread called "dumbest thing they've ever witnessed at the LARP park" where they laugh at disc golfers.

The documentary Darkon is an absolutely hilarious inside look at the world of LARPing, for anyone interested.

Don't kow who it was but it wasnt' Hysell. As I remember he threw six disc trying a long route around the right side of a tree. All of them basically hyzer flipped straight out over the briars. He finally threw a huge hyzer around the tree and OOB on the left side of the fairway.

It was a classic "Tim cup" moment!!

Is there much difference between that and war reenactments?

Civil War reenactments are based on actual historical events. They give people a chance to relive the history of a battlefield in an educational and entertaining way. LARPing is just playing out fantasy.

^ Yes there is a difference. But lets stay on topic, this is turning into a anti larpers thread.

Civil War reenactments are based on actual historical events. They give people a chance to relive the history of a battlefield in an educational and entertaining way. LARPing is just playing out fantasy.

Spoken like someone who does civil war reenactments >.>

About 5 seconds after this picture was snapped, dude dove into knee deep water in attempt to catch up to his disc.

WTF.jpg

Spoken like someone who does civil war reenactments >.>

Nope, never even been to one.

Now back on topic. The other day I saw a group of three playing with a lid...just one. Somehow they were sharing one between the three of them.

Is there much difference between that and war reenactments?

Well, at least the Civil war actually happened. Around here where I live, they have a Hatfield/McCoy reenactment. All of that being said, I would never participate. With LARP games, it is all make believe.....kids stuff if you ask me.

Tbh I think it would be fun to get really drunk and go LARPing, except I'd be tempted to bring a paintball gun and make dragon noises while I shot at everyone.

On topic... One of our local courses is right alongside a road leading to a rich neighborhood, well I saw a DGer taking a leak facing the road, about 10 feet from it. It's actually a pretty cook occurance with some people sadly. Two holes later there's a secluded spot, and 3 holes back is an actual restroom.

Latest posts