• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest thing you've witnessed on the course

I threw a first run ion past the basket and into some naaaaaaaasty water on hole 3 at Lions Park in Temple TX :( I thought that was pretty dumb.

There's a crazy homeschool family that hangs out on my home course and the mom teaches two of the kids martial arts while the other two kids sit quietly and read books. The crazy thing is they all wear winter clothes and hats in the hot Texas summer sun. She even has a wooden knife she tries to stab them with as they defend. The problem is they do this right in the fairway of a hole.

The first time I was very polite and explained to them how dangerous it could be to linger in a disc golf fairway. They just looked at me real dumb like and did not say a word. They never say a word.

One day I was testing a Full Color Spectra and if you've ever thrown one you know how squirrelly they can be. They had moved to just off the fairway enough to provide a nice pucker factor. I really got ahold of the Spectra and it did what they're known to do which is accidentally turn right and cruise about 400' right into the midst of the group of homeschoolers. Luckily they were all wearing winter hats.

I just left the disc there. It was crap anyway. I have not seen them at the course since.

Well, at least the Civil war actually happened. Around here where I live, they have a Hatfield/McCoy reenactment. All of that being said, I would never participate. With LARP games, it is all make believe.....kids stuff if you ask me.

You must not remember the goblin rebellion of '92... Done with the LARP stuff now.

There's a crazy homeschool family that hangs out on my home course and the mom teaches two of the kids martial arts while the other two kids sit quietly and read books. The crazy thing is they all wear winter clothes and hats in the hot Texas summer sun. She even has a wooden knife she tries to stab them with as they defend. The problem is they do this right in the fairway of a hole.

The first time I was very polite and explained to them how dangerous it could be to linger in a disc golf fairway. They just looked at me real dumb like and did not say a word. They never say a word.

One day I was testing a Full Color Spectra and if you've ever thrown one you know how squirrelly they can be. They had moved to just off the fairway enough to provide a nice pucker factor. I really got ahold of the Spectra and it did what they're known to do which is accidentally turn right and cruise about 400' right into the midst of the group of homeschoolers. Luckily they were all wearing winter hats.

I just left the disc there. It was crap anyway. I have not seen them at the course since.

Having homeschooled through middle school, I can tell you that a lot of home schooling families are doing so to keep their kids away from anything government at all costs. Most of these types of home school families literally believe the revolution is coming and are preparing their children for all out civil war. I got sent back to school because my family is NOT insane and we were having a hard time finding normal people to do things with. It's been over 10 years since middle school for me and I hear there are a lot more normal homeschoolers now, but apparently the crazies still exist...

...he gets pissed and procedes to try and battle me telling me that juggalos are the future...

Man I would die, that is freakin' hilarious

Best thing I saw was our buddy John getting his disc unstuck from a tree. Normally he climbs like a monkey and snares it.

This time for some reason at 5th street course in Temple, he decides to throw another disc to get it out...except it instantly ricocheted back in his face and knocked his front tooth out!

That was some funny ass sh!t right there...

Dumbest thing I ever did personally was standing about 20 feet forward and left of a teepad at Brushy Creek Nine here in Austin. Hole #4, there is only so much room up there and we were mobbing it, so two of us had to stand down and wait. Well I realized I was possibly in someone's line if they shanked it so I scooted back about fifteen EXTRA feet where I could still spot throws. So I'm looking down the fairway and BAM!!! A lefthander griplocked the hell out of a fierce backhand right into the back of my skull from about 25' away.

I will NEVER stand down hole again, that sh!t hurt man. I finished the round and once everybody realized I was OK we made jokes the rest of the time. It sounded like a tree getting hit!

To make him feel better I told him, "Dude, next time put a little something on it, OK?"

The ironic part is that if I stayed put I probably would not have gotten hit, but moving out of the way on purpose is what got me nailed.

Don't kow who it was but it wasnt' Hysell. As I remember he threw six disc trying a long route around the right side of a tree. All of them basically hyzer flipped straight out over the briars. He finally threw a huge hyzer around the tree and OOB on the left side of the fairway.

It was a classic "Tim cup" moment!!

That's who it was. Tin Cum was exactly what I was thinking.

Tbh I think it would be fun to get really drunk and go LARPing, except I'd be tempted to bring a paintball gun and make dragon noises while I shot at everyone.

On topic... One of our local courses is right alongside a road leading to a rich neighborhood, well I saw a DGer taking a leak facing the road, about 10 feet from it. It's actually a pretty cook occurance with some people sadly. Two holes later there's a secluded spot, and 3 holes back is an actual restroom.

I blame alcohol or bad taste. I had both at once on a pretty open course and took a whiz in the middle of the field, FACING a playground that was probably 30 yards away.

My friend and I were playing a course and had just finished the front 9 and were on the 10th tee to start to throw. 18 comes back towards the parking lot to the left of 10 when you're throwing at the basket. We have to wait because a group of 3 with a "tough guy" threw into our fairway. They finish and start walking THROUGH our path while my buddy is getting ready to throw. Mind you, there is a PARKING LOT and plenty of space to walk behind. My buddy gets PO and says "watch this" and pretends to absolutely launch into them and they're only about 5ft away. The big tough guy ducks and looks like he's going to pee himself. We had a great laugh!

How dumb can you be to walk right in front!