• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dying matching color to internal disc color to cover ink

Questatement

Double Eagle Member
Is it possible? Suppose I had an 02, CE Winthrop Roc with substantial ink around the hot stamp... say orange with faded black sharpie. Could it be dyed with the same orange and hide it from all but the most trained eye?

Despite being extremely opaque, there's nothing "strong" enough even applied multiple times that would do it?

If you dyed The disc Black you could possibly hide the marker. But more than likely it would still be visible. Nothing else is going to do it. You aren't actually covering anything with dye. You are absorbing the dye into the plastic.

If you dyed The disc Black you could possibly hide the marker. But more than likely it would still be visible. Nothing else is going to do it. You aren't actually covering anything with dye. You are absorbing the dye into the plastic.

I've actually done this before just to see, and I could still read the sharpie. I think the only way to 100% cover sharpie is to just sharpie the entire disc.

Latest posts