• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Dynamic Discs 2014 Trilogy set

ScottishDiscman

Birdie Member
Hey folks

Recently I came to the conclusion I wanted a DG bag but was unwilling to shell out $75+ on something I just started so I was looking at some deals and I was looking at this to break free of my Innova Fanboyism and was wondering on your thoughts if this was a good deal or not?

https://www.dynamicdiscs.net/2014-T...urce=googleshopping&utm_medium=shoppingengine

You get the following

Dynamic Discs Cadet Bag
•Holds 8-10 discs in the main compartment and 2 putters in the putter pocket
•Lightweight
•Includes adjustable shoulder strap
•Mesh pocket for scorecard, pencils, and minis
•Drink holder will hold your average 20 ounce water bottle
Dynamic Discs BioFuzion Thief - The Thief is a versatile fairway driver that will benefit players of all skill levels. With the stable flight path and glide, the Thief will be a fairway workhorse for every bag. For slower arms, the Thief will be an overstable complement to the Witness. For big arms, the Thief will be a straight flyer with slight hyzer release.

Speed: 8 Glide: 5 Turn: 0 Fade: 2

Latitude 64 Recycled Claymore - The Claymore has a small dome and comfortable grip combined with a neutral flight that will suit most players. Compared to existing Latitude 64 molds, it will be slightly more overstable than the very popular Fuse.

Speed: 5 Glide: 5 Turn: -1 Fade: 1

Westside Discs BT Medium Shield - Westside's newest putter on the market, the Shield, is the next step up from the Swan. Designed with a tacky grip in the BT plastics, the Shield is a little thicker and has a small bead on the rim. It holds a stable line when throwing as an approach and a straight line into the chains while putting.

Speed: 3 Glide: 3 Turn: 0 Fade: 1

Dynamic Discs Classic Judge Mini - This mini is molded like the popular Dynamic Discs Judge and measures 4" across.

It really depends on your situation. This pack is certainly a good value since you get three discs, a mini, and a bag for a price similar to the discs alone. BUT, if you already have discs that are similar or if you carry more than 10 discs you'll just be getting a good deal on stuff you don't need.

If you only carry a single digit number of discs I'd say go for it. If not you'll probably be better off getting a larger bag you will actually use.

In my opinion, it's one of the best starter packs around. The Thief, Claymore, and Shield are all excellent discs, the "Caddy" bag (as my girlfriend called it when I bought her one) is a decent starter bag - not phenomenal quality, but decent, although it can be a bit tippy - and the mini is a nice perk, though I doubt many beginners will use it.

The Thief is a solid Teebird clone. A little more understable and much better glide. Great for a beginner, even though they should stick to slower discs when they first start. The Claymore is a flippy bastard. It's MUCH more understable than the numbers indicate, but again, great for new players. And the Shield is a very solid neutral putter in a good plastic (BT Mid) for any skill level.

All in all, I don't know of a better starter set that's out there besides the argument for L64 Junior set, but that doesn't have a bag or mini...

Meh. My 2¢

It really depends on your situation. This pack is certainly a good value since you get three discs, a mini, and a bag for a price similar to the discs alone. BUT, if you already have discs that are similar or if you carry more than 10 discs you'll just be getting a good deal on stuff you don't need.

If you only carry a single digit number of discs I'd say go for it. If not you'll probably be better off getting a larger bag you will actually use.

At present I own 10 discs (mainly hand me downs) but only use 4-5 of them so I would say if I used all three I would be using say 8 discs a round. I started by trying to get good with the discs I had before I went "plastic crazy".

In my opinion, it's one of the best starter packs around. The Thief, Claymore, and Shield are all excellent discs, the "Caddy" bag (as my girlfriend called it when I bought her one) is a decent starter bag - not phenomenal quality, but decent, although it can be a bit tippy - and the mini is a nice perk, though I doubt many beginners will use it.

The Thief is a solid Teebird clone. A little more understable and much better glide. Great for a beginner, even though they should stick to slower discs when they first start. The Claymore is a flippy bastard. It's MUCH more understable than the numbers indicate, but again, great for new players. And the Shield is a very solid neutral putter in a good plastic (BT Mid) for any skill level.

All in all, I don't know of a better starter set that's out there besides the argument for L64 Junior set, but that doesn't have a bag or mini...

Meh. My 2¢

Thanks for that, I was just curious cause the price seemed "too good to be true" but so far the consensus seems positive.

It's a solid deal, most people who say from it since they don't throw those molds but they are not bad.

I like te Theif and Sheild, don't care for the Claymore but it's not a bad understable driver.

It's a solid deal, most people who say from it since they don't throw those molds but they are not bad.

I like te Theif and Sheild, don't care for the Claymore but it's not a bad understable driver.

Thanks for that mate, being Scottish I like the idea of throwing a Claymore around!

Good deal.

The Claymore is my favorite mid. The Thief is about as fast as I can throw. I like it too.

As much as I want to love the Shield, it just hits chains and flips out of the basket way too often.

I keep thinking I should buy the set, without the bag. That's the best deal I've ever seen.

Good deal.

The Claymore is my favorite mid. The Thief is about as fast as I can throw. I like it too.

As much as I want to love the Shield, it just hits chains and flips out of the basket way too often.

I keep thinking I should buy the set, without the bag. That's the best deal I've ever seen.

I was tossing a coin whether to do that or get the bag, I am keen to try the shield as I have heard good things about this disc, but even if I get 2 good discs and a decent bag then I am ahead! In my case I need the bag (using a non DG bag kinda stinks trying to find discs among other stuff in bag!) so it is worth it in my case.

Love the name! Just wish it were more stable.

I have hard that a Claymore would suit my chucking style (crap) so I am hoping it will be good.

Latest posts