• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Evidence

Can I get thoughts on the flight difference of the lucid and Fuzion versions of the Evidence?

Spent some time field testing a Prime Evidence today. Good disc, much like a Claymore, though a little more under stable. In Prime, I thought it powered down fairly well. Very forgiving to form inconsistencies, unlike the Fuse. Faster than a Fuse too, but with less glide. Would fit between a Warship and a Fuse in my bag, though that's a pretty small gap to squeeze into. This is a really good beginner mid.
In prime, flight ratings 5.5/5/-1.5/1.5

Can I get thoughts on the flight difference of the lucid and Fuzion versions of the Evidence?

If Fuzion is what the Trilogy Challenge Evidences were I'd say the difference is pretty marginal for me. My TC Evidence has more rounds on it than my Lucid one does but it's a bit straighter. Basically the general Lucid/Opto/VIP being a tick more stable than Fuzion/GL/TP scenario. As my Lucid breaks in they might fly practically the same as far as I can tell.

Newish Lucid Evidence: 5,5,-.5,1.5
Moderately seasoned TC Evidence: 5,5,-1,1

Bump. Any more impressions on the Prime Evidence? Really like how workable the Lucid is, and was thinking of snagging a Prime to beat to flippy...

Anyone think the Evidence reminds them of a Comet? Just thinking.....Stable straight with lots of glide. Sounds very Comet like!

So, I've been bagging one of these for a few weeks now. I absolutely love it, and it's sneaky long for a mid. Anyway, a friend of mine showed up with a Comet recently and I compared the molds. Looks, to me, like DD made a Comet copy. It's been a few years since I bagged a Comet, so I really can't comment on the flights. Looks are there though.

I got rid of my TC Evidence, and regret it - I would like to give it another try someday. I thought "who needs another damn flippy mid" at the time. As my form has improved though, I do remember loving the shallow feel of it.

I'm not sure I'd call it a Comet clone b/c all of mine are so flat and usually too HSS to be neutral but they do fly great, straight lines.

I've only had a couple of Prime Evidences and they were a little odd to be honest. They were flippy at high speed, but tended to have a fair amount of fade as they slowed down. I think it was because (as with all Prime discs I've held) they were board flat with almost no shoulder. The combination made for a very touchy disc. You had to get the power, angle, and height all just right or else it would either burn and cut roll or fade out left of the target. And then there was the fact that Prime is very soft and not at all durable.

Anyway, I've always wondered if the Lucids or Fuzions had just a little more shoulder/dome and didn't have as much low speed fade. I didn't mind the high speed turn on the Primes (it IS a flippy mid after all), but the fade was way too much for what I want out of that slot. I can cover that line easily with a Fuse or beat Roc though, so I haven't gotten back around to trying an Evidence.

I can scarcely tell the difference between my opaque max weight Lucid Evidence and a Lucid Truth (not Emac Truth). It seems like the same disc in flight. A bit of turn, a bit of fade. Meh. It's in a box most of the time. I'm sure the Fuzion and Lava are probably a bit straighter.

I picked up two Fuzion Evidences for $10/each on Black Friday and have been testing them out ever since. Really starting to like them, especially now that I've beat the "new" off of them and have figured out how they fly. They really do fit wonderfully between an Emac Truth and a Tursas. Or, thought of another way, the Evidence is like a midrange version of a Discmania S-line FD.
Flies neutral (-1 turn, 1 fade) in calm conditions.
Flies stable (0 turn, 2 fade) in a decent tailwind.
Flies understable (-2 turn, 0 fade) in a headwind. I actually really like the Evidence for a long turnover into a headwind, since it has just enough stability to avoid burning out.
Quite the fun disc, and it really powers up well if you need to hit a shot that's a tweener and just a tad too short for a fairway. For example, I've been overshooting a slightly uphill 300' hole lately that used to be a comfortable Escape hyzerflip. Well I chucked the Evidence up there low and flat last night, and it stayed at the back of the circle with a Udisc-measured throw of 320'. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else around here bag an Evidence, so I didn't have super high expectations. Obviously those low expectations have been greatly exceeded. I've never thrown a Buzzz (oh, the horror) but the Evidence flies for me like I've seen other people use their Buzzz. So, perhaps another way of describing the Evidence is as a potential replacement if you lose a beat-in Buzzz.

A beat-in Buzzz is a great description. Then they beat into, I don't know, Meteors? I got my brother a TC Evidence I plucked from a used bin for his Super Stingray he lost and he's already throwing it better than he ever did that Stingray. They feel good and fill that stable-understable slot really well.

After 15 months in the bag, my Evidence has gotten to a weird stability level lately that I'm not fond of. It seems to straddle a stability line now where I just don't know what it's going to do. It doesn't turnover as reliably as something like a fresh Tursas, but it's also too flippy to trust to hold a straight line. Kind of a bummer, as it's been one of my most thrown discs in the bag.

I did some field work today with my beat Evidence, a fresh Evidence, a super domey fresh Tursas (more stable than normal) and a thrashed bio Emac Truth. All four discs are within a somewhat comparable stability level, and sadly my trusty beat-in Evidence was the least accurate of the bunch. I think it's time to pull it out of the bag. :(

Has anyone else fallen out of love with the Evidence as it seasons in? I still really love a fresh one (especially in the woods) but they don't age as well as I would have thought.

The TC Evidences I liked to throw also beat into a point where they got just a little more touchy than I was looking for. It's weird b/c I always bag Fuses which are decidedly more understable but my brain can't seem to grasp the concept that I need to power down/throw smoother with the Evidence b/c I got so used to putting stank on them when they're new. Just one of those "easier to switch discs than re-wire my brain" kind of things.

Mine is still laser straight. It's my favorite mid of all time.

I've got 4 fresh Evidences that are all laser beams. However, for whatever reason I am not a fan of the flight after it beat in for a year and a half. Sometimes it flies 5/5/-1/1 for me, other times it seems to fly 5/5/-3/0. It has become increasingly difficult for me to find the correct amount of hyzer or anny to put on it to get a specific shot shape.

A fresh Evidence is much more workable and reliable. I'd even say my beatup Bio Emac is more workable than my beat Evidence, other than for shots that you want to have minimal fade (Emacs seem to keep their LSS even after the HSS is long gone).

I may some day pull it out of retirement, but for now I think my first Evidence is going onto a shelf rather than into a less stable slot in the bag. I'd rather throw a fresh Tursas for turnovers, or a fresh Evidence for lasers, or a beat Emac for shots with a lot lateral wriggle. This is a sad day. :\

Although one positive takeaway from this...at this rate I have 6 more years of reliable Evidences in stock.

1.5 years of life*4 backups = 6 years of Evidence laser beams.