• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Thief

picture.php

Picture posted today by Dynamic

Take a look at the Witness this isn't much more blunt than that just some and less rounded and more flat on the top. I think someone put a witness and a trident in the same box and they made sweet sweet love.

I feel that my 175 Lucid flies like a beat in CE Valkyrie. I can bomb mine and I can out drive my Giants with a good hyzer flip. Anyone have similar experiences?

I have a thief, I really like the idea of it and the numbers look dope but I haven't got to throw it yet. It should fly like a straight(er) escape correct?

Anyone using these, or replace anything from their bag?

I just threw my new thief last weekend and I added 50' to my fairway drivers on the first three throws (from 250-275 up to 300-325). I'm not a long bomber, so this was a huge improvement for me. It took a nice flight slightly right and finished left just like the numbers say. I love this disc!

I just threw my new thief last weekend and I added 50' to my fairway drivers on the first three throws (from 250-275 up to 300-325). I'm not a long bomber, so this was a huge improvement for me. It took a nice flight slightly right and finished left just like the numbers say. I love this disc!

Did you try throwing it into a headwind?

One of the reasons I keep a thief is its ability to turn in the wind (5-15mph)and come out and not totally burn like under stable plastic. My escape is a little more stable for this shot and doesn't turn enough for this shot. My power is about 340-380.

I got similar results in Trilogy Challenge, birdied new hole which was impossible to me before.

I have 169g and 171g TC versions and one 169g Lucid which I haven't thrown much yet. I throw standstill, max distance being bit over 300' if everything clicks. I get that distance with Thiefs and Star Tern.

Really love Thief, easy to hyzerflip and and make some S-curves, suprisingly good even for forehands. Replaced my Switch instantly.

Does anyone else think the Thief flys like an Eagle L?
To me it is much longer. I have an Eagle L and a Tracker in the bag and it goes at least 50 ft longer. Originally, I figured it to be a Leopard replacement but again it is more of a fringe distance driver than a fairway driver.

Feels like the thief has more high speed stability and less low speed fade than the escape. Is this the consensus?

I get a good bit of turn out of my trilogy challenge thief. I have at least 5 different escapes, besides having the slightest of flip, not one has ever turned without help from wind. Thief seems to have more lss and less hss than an escape. ~350-375 avg with escape.

I get a good bit of turn out of my trilogy challenge thief. I have at least 5 different escapes, besides having the slightest of flip, not one has ever turned without help from wind. Thief seems to have more lss and less hss than an escape. ~350-375 avg with escape.

The trilogy challenge thieves that i threw were very flippy..

I can get a good amount of turn out of my escapes (especially when pushing them out to 420-430)

The thief was roller flippy in comparison

So have DD tweaked the mold or what, as their site says:

"The Thief is a versatile fairway driver that will benefit players of all skill levels. With the stable flight path and glide, the Thief will be a fairway workhorse for every bag. For slower arms, the Thief will be an overstable complement to the Witness. For big arms, the Thief will be a straight flyer with slight hyzer release.

Speed: 8 | Glide: 5 | Turn: 0 | Fade: 2"

My Trilogy Challenge Thiefs were certainly not 0/2, more like -2/1 or something like that.

So have DD tweaked the mold or what, as their site says:

"The Thief is a versatile fairway driver that will benefit players of all skill levels. With the stable flight path and glide, the Thief will be a fairway workhorse for every bag. For slower arms, the Thief will be an overstable complement to the Witness. For big arms, the Thief will be a straight flyer with slight hyzer release.

Speed: 8 | Glide: 5 | Turn: 0 | Fade: 2"

My Trilogy Challenge Thiefs were certainly not 0/2, more like -2/1 or something like that.

Those might be the old numbers never changed. You'd have to look at the stamp on the lucid ones to really know. The lucid are more stable than the biofuzion run for the trilogy challenge.

I've gotten some field practice in with mine and it is a 175g lucid clear thief. It flies exactly as the flight numbers suggest. It is very straight without any high speed turn and the fade is very minimal. I mean the hst was super resistant and just held that straight line.

I was throwing into a headwind as well. I think this is a testament for the disc not turning over, and also why their May have been so little fade too, but first trials I'm impressed. Not sure on shot shaping yet, but it flies straight for sure.

Dug my TC Thief out of the garage today to see if it might work as a slightly overstable complement to my Hatchets, and it passed the test. Thrown on a baby hyzer this thing flips up, glides, and still has a healthy fade. Given more hyzer I could still get a good amount of D, but also some tasty skips. I throw in the 300-325 range and it held up well.

I know the TC Thief is less OS than the numbers suggest...Would a Lucid give me just a bit more beef for holes that need a stronger fade, or are the two pretty close?

Latest posts