• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Vandal

I have been hearing from some folks here in South Florida that the Vandal has been disappointing and not the longer Maverick as advertised.

I toyed with Mavericks, both lucid and lucid-x, and I agree the Vandal isn't a longer Maverick like DD is advertising. It's much straighter and even as they season they don't get crazy flippy at higher speeds like the Mavericks did for me. They have a nice gradual turn to them until they come to the ground. New Vandals are even further from what a Maverick is.

Edit: I'm definitely not disappointed, though. I was hoping for a longer, more stable Maverick and that's exactly what I got.

Last edited:
Anyone have much experience with the production run Vandals? Fly any different? I hoping for some biofuzion plastic by next year.

So, my trusty Vandal got run over by the park mowers. It was a white Trilogy Challenge disc. Friends who feel sorry for me have given me a few-all pink or red. None of them have the turn of mine that got destroyed. Any trends on this mold? Color? Stock stamp? Looking for the most turn.

I have a blue Trilogy Challenge Opto and a red Trilogy Challenge Opto Air, and they both have very similar flight paths. They are pretty understable and will flip from flat all the way over and dive to the right with a little headwind (RHBH.) I have to put them on JUST a little hyzer to get a great, long flight with minimal fade (throwing about 250’)

I have two regular production in pink that I haven’t thrown yet.

The blue one has seen a lot of use, the red less so, so I think that whole trilogy challenge run fly about the same?

Does anyone have experience with the 2022 Valerie Mandujano Team Series (Fuzion-X) Vandal? Comparisons to an Opto Saint or VIP Hatchet would be especially helpful.

Thanks.

Does anyone have experience with the 2022 Valerie Mandujano Team Series (Fuzion-X) Vandal? Comparisons to an Opto Saint or VIP Hatchet would be especially helpful.

I received my Fuzion-X Vandal today and took it to the field for some comparisons. All discs are 174g +/- 1g actual weight. Vandal is new, Saint and Hatchet are both is lightly seasoned (~4 months in the bag).

The Fuzion-X Vandal and Opto Saint fly VERY similar. The Saint has a tiny bit more glide and a tiny bit less fade. HSS is similar. I expect them to be even more similar once the Vandal gets some wear. Hopefully it doesn't lose too much HSS.

The VIP Hatchet is MUCH flippier (like not even close) and also more glide than the Vandal.

FYI... Dynamic Discs is clearing out a bunch of 2022 Tour Series discs right now. I got this Fuzion-X Vandal and a Stinchcomb VIP-X for $13 each. I liked the Vandal enough to order another (and a Fuzion Burst VM Evader) after throwing this one today.

The Fuzion-X Vandal has kicked the Opto Saint out of my bag, and is slowly becoming my go-to long fairway/control driver. It handles my crappy FH better than the Saint and distance is a wash. Where the Saint gets its distance with crazy glide, the Vandal gets it with speed (i.e. aerodynamics).

Since my son stole my backup, I ordered two more while theyre on sale, knowing that they'll be tough to find in this plastic in the future. I'm super happy I gave this new mold a try. The sale price is just a nice bonus.

Anyone done a Trilogy Challenge yet this year? Driver is a Fuzion Ice Orbit Vandal. I'm assuming it may be slightly more OS than advertised but tbh I'm never know what to expect from Trilogy's word salad line of plastics.

Been using a Felon/Dynasty/Champ Eagle/DX Eagle lineup for my fairways and I'm thinking/hoping this could eventually replace my dynasty since the I-blend I bought as a backup just ain't the same