• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eager and adaptable.

smook

Par Member
Hey guys, I'm 17 years old and have been playing for a few years now. I have recently just been getting back to playing as I've been ball golfing for my high school. I max out at 370' with my champ teebird on flat ground. I'm very determined to put some practice in and getting a better technique. From my video, I think I might have too much weight backwards at impact and my x-step might be too small. I think I might be having some knee problems because I straighten my knee out at impact. Any help, suggestions and comments are much appreciated. Thank you. http://youtu.be/q5q7XwIW6Jg

You get flat on your rear heel and lean back over your rear leg too far instead of turning the hips back in more upright athletic posture. Then you turn forward before your weight transfers with your hips open and throw your shoulders ahead of the hips and your weight slams forward. You want to stay lighter on the rear foot(no heel) and maintain posture bracing the hip more. You are also moving extremely fast and reaching back way early, so you end up dragging the disc forward so you lose rhythm and acceleration. Watch when the pros hit their max reach back, and the hips through the finish.

Last edited:
Just watching this... Will definitely has the most perfect form from what I can tell. It just looks right.

Smook, from what I can tell, you are moving entirely too fast. That momentum really is not helping as much as you think. When you get to more wooded courses, you aren't going to have a 30 foot run up. As far as rhythm, watch McBeth drive. See how he pumps one time during his xstep? He pumps his disc hand with his rear foot crossing at almost the exact same time. This has helped my timing and rhythm because it then sets you up to start your reachback right before your plant toe touches the pad.

As far as rhythm, watch McBeth drive. See how he pumps one time during his xstep? He pumps his disc hand with his rear foot crossing at almost the exact same time. This has helped my timing and rhythm because it then sets you up to start your reachback right before your plant toe touches the pad.

I honestly ought to try this, I'm working on my rhythm during that phase, currently.